what's in my makeup bag

Thursday, April 14, 2016

bespectacled, beauty, rotation, skincare, what's in my makeup bag, YSL Pop Water Glossy Stain, Etude House,

First off, I'd like to give myself props because I do actually rotate the items in my makeup bag every week or so. Obviously, there are some products that I just gravitate to, but I do like to switch things up every once and a while and completely clear my makeup bag out and build my routine up again.

The Base

Since I carry my makeup bag with me on the weekdays, I don't like to bring around full sized moisturizers and skincare products. Which is where all my samples come in; it's a good way to actually use up all those samples that you've forgotten that you had. At the moment I'm using this sample of the Clinique Turnaround Overnight Revitalizing Moisturizer - I was using the equivalent day moisturizer before, but it wasn't moisturizing enough for my skin. I like this much better.

For actual makeup, I've been using the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream which I use in 06 Ginger. I had to look back in my archives because I can't believe I've only written about this once. I like this product a lot! I like it in the mornings because the gel texture gives you a nice cooling effect and I like the finish, which gives you a nice little dewiness. Depending on how dry my eczema is in the mornings (which I unfortunately have in around my eyes), I'll opt for the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Peach, but I've learned that sometimes it's better for my skin to breathe and don't always wear concealer nowadays. It's okay, I really rock the panda look. For blush, I find myself going back to the Clinique Cheek Pops, which I have here in 10 Fig Pop. These give the nicest and most natural flush to the cheeks, and the packaging is still the most adorable thing ever.

inrotation02

Eyes

I like to have a variety of stuff, because depending on how tired I am in the morning, or how much effort I really want to put in my eye look, I have options so I don't have to do gel eyeliner when I'm going on 4 hours of sleep. On those days I stick with my beloved Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Demolition and fill in my eyebrows with the Anastasia Brow Wiz which I have in Granite.

On other days where I want to put a little more effort in, I'll use Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in 27 Caviar Ink instead of pencil. It does give a more precise and a more neat line than pencil does and I find that it lasts a lot longer too. I've been trying to wear eyeshadow again so I carry around my favorite trio of Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows - M636 Cappuccino, I634 Praline, and ME700 Amber - but mostly I keep it around to just look at and swatch ocassionally because they're so pretty! If you've never swatched the MUFE Artist Shadows, I definitely recommend it - this is basically the quality that I hold all eyeshadows against!

Lips

I'll spare you with the lips portion because I talked about these two - the YSL Pop Water Glossy Stain in 204 Onde Rose & Etude House Dear Darling Tint in 02 Real Red - in my last things I like post, but the lip balm that I've been using lately is the Farmacy Lip Bloom. When I think about it honestly, it's really not the best lip balm that I own. And I'm really dumb and actually bought two of these things. But it's not the worst thing so I kind of force myself to use it up. I have this in vanilla mint and apple rosemary. Just as a warning, to me, apple rosemary smells like those really disgusting throat lozenges that you take that numbs your mouth and throat.

A bit of a long-winded post, but oh well. What do you guys keep in your makeup bags?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)