things I like #5: Kingdom Hearts, new lip products, etc

5:00 AM

bespectacled, beauty, games, things I like, Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, S'Well Water Bottle, Etude House Dear Darling Tint 02 Real Red, YSL Vernis À Lèvres Pop Water Glossy Stain 204 Onde Rose, pixi Glow Tonic

If you've visited my blog in the last few weeks, you would've noticed some of the tweaks to the layout, kind of signaling that something is kind of starting up again. Although I'm pretty sure all of those page views were actually from me, making sure the changes to the CSS were okay and that my posts were still readable.

But there's nothing like a change to your layout to really get you motivated to post again. I don't want to make any promises because I've broken them before, but I do have something scheduled for Thursday and I do have a bunch of ideas that are in the works. But we'll see how that turns out.

For now here are a few things that I've really liked lately.

S'well Water Bottle

I bought this off of Need Supply ages ago, but my love for it is still pretty strong. I'm someone who doesn't like drinking room temperature water and insulated water bottles like this are a necessity. Plus, look how ~aesthetically pleasing~ these bottles are. And here's one for all you rose gold fanatics. They're pretty pricey, but I think it's worth it because it does a great job keeping your liquids cold and looks good on your desk at the same time. I always carry this with me!

things-I-like-5-02

Kingdom Hearts Unchained X

I downloaded this game off the Google Play Store so I'm not sure if it's in the Apple store, but if you're a fan of Kingdom Hearts and happen to have an android phone, I highly recommend getting this game! Because who knows when the next actual Kingdom Hearts game comes out, right? It's a pretty simple, not-so-serious kind of game, and it's nice being kind-of back with some familiar characters.

Podcast: No Such Thing As Fish

Not pictured here, but something I've really enjoyed is a podcast that I started listening to back in January based on Sophie's (The Private Life of a Girl) post on 6 Podcasts That You Should Be Listening To. As you may know, I'm a total podcast junky, and I'm always on the hunt for new podcasts to listen to. I think this one is totally funny and you might learn something new in the process.

Character Sheet Masks

The trend nowadays are sheet masks and I'm totally down for this trend - they're a good boost to your skincare without committing to a new product. And with all kinds of brands putting out new sheet masks all the time, I think it's gotten pretty easy to find one that caters to your skincare needs. Honestly though, sheet masks on their own can look a little weird. But another innovation to the sheet mask trend is to print out characters on them. This one is from the Korean brand, The Face Shop, and it just adds a nice fun touch sheet masks.

New lip products

This Etude House Dear Darling Tint, which I have in 02 Real Red, is more of a jelly texture, but it sits on the lips really nicely and stains the lips. I'm really keen on trying out more Korean lip tints - they seem to be right up my alley in terms of texture and finish. And I'm preemptively calling this a favorite, which I picked up recently - the YSL Pop Water Glossy Stain in 204 Onde Rose. I just really like how it looks on the lips. The color is one of those "my lips but better" shades, that gives me life when my lips make me look more like a zombie. And I think the glossiness isn't too much, just a nice hint of shine. Like a said, a preemptive favorite, but I think it looks really pretty!

Pixi Glow Tonic

When I first picked this up and tried it, I wasn't too impressed by it and didn't really see the fuss. But I figured I'd try it out over the long run and see if it made a difference to my skin. And I didn't really see much of a difference until after I stopped using it because I ran out of cotton pads to use it with. I realized that this really did a good job of exfoliating and smoothing my skin out. When I wasn't using this my skin felt a little rougher and I did get a little bit more flaky. I've been converted and can finally say that there's good reason for the Glow Tonic hype!

So, what's been on your "like" list lately? Any new product (or podcast!) recommendations?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)