lately #15: back to blogging + vacation news

5:00 AM

blogging

Hi, hello. It's been a while hasn't it?

This almost three (!!!) month hiatus was completely unintentional, but you know how it goes: work and life and stress happens and suddenly you just don't have the energy to keep up with anything, let alone things like hobbies. I have yards of fabric waiting to be cut, almost a whole shelf of new and old books to start and finish, and a bunch of blog post ideas waiting to be written, but my motivation has been at a minimal lately.

One thing they don't tell you about when you become an adult is how hard it is to motivate yourself, especially when you're so tired. And these things are my hobbies, things that I actually enjoy, but it really can be be hard sometimes. Stress is killer, guys.

But like I've mentioned, I do have a lot of ideas for this blog and I really am hoping to keep up with blogging (and my other hobbies) starting today. Hopefully that will also help with my stress too. But the goal is to post every other day with this blog, finish one book, and finish one of my sewing projects!

blogging2

But I do have some exciting news, I'm going to Paris in January! Given everything that's happened I am a little hesitant about going, but the tickets have been bought, and we're actually doing this thing. I wish I was still a kid and had someone else plan this all out for me, but while it's causing me some stress right now, I'm really excited to be going! It's my first trip out of the country since I was 10 and, ugh, it's Paris, what more do I need to say?

But if anyone could recommend things to do in Paris, I'd really appreciate it!

Vacation aside, I'm also pretty glad that the year is winding down, and I for one am pretty excited that the new year is right around the corner. There's something nice about a fresh start, right?

I have a beauty post coming up on Thursday, the 3rd (I promise!), but as you could probably guess I've really liked the It's Skin Macaron Lip Balm, as a prop and as an actual lip balm. It's hard to tell from this angle, but it really does like a macaron and the pink one is strawberry flavored. I'm seriously a sucker for packaging!

Anyway, what have you guys been up to lately? I'd love to know! Any vacations that you plan on taking? Or any new products that you've really liked?

I don't say it enough, but honestly, thank you guys so much for sticking around! I really appreciate it!

email | bloglovin | pinterest | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)