04 September 2015

things I like #3: ASOS, Maybelline, Don't Starve

bespectacled, beauty, life, things i like series, Maybelline Color Blur Cream Matte Pencil & Smudger, Anastasia Brow Wiz, fresh Rose Face Mask, ASOS Stripe Boyfriend Shirt

Hooray, I'm back to blogging and I swear it's for real this time. I had been motivated by a friend to really work and expand my blog and I think I'll be sticking around for a while. One, because I do like doing this stuff - writing, taking photos, and being able to share stuff with other people - and two, so that when I get asked "how's your blog doing?" I actually have something to answer other than "okay, I guess". But, like the new layout? I do! I'm still working on a few of the background stuff, but I'm really liking how this blog is looking at the moment!

Along those lines of getting motivated into doing this again, I think Rhode Montijo's "Dream Big" Banner, which I picked up from Comic Con this year, has been another nice motivator. Isn't it so adorable? I hanged it up on the wall next to my desk and it's definitely one of my favorite things in my room.

This ASOS Striped Boyfriend Shirt (no longer available online) has been another favorite purchase lately because of how comfortable it is, it kind of reminds me of sleeping shirts in a way with the horizontal stripes. It's one of those pieces that

Feeling a little weak one day, and totally digging the smell of the fresh skincare line, I picked up the fresh Rose Face Mask and have come to really enjoy it. It's one of those things that I'm not really sure if it's actually doing anything, but it smells nice and it's one of those luxury products that just makes me feel nice too. I can't say I would recommend it, mostly for the price, but it is a really lovely, cooling and refreshing mask.

Makeup wise, I've been trying a few different things. The Maybelline Color Blur Cream Matte Pencil in 15 Berry Misbehaved has been regularly in rotation. I really like the color and it sticks around for a good while on me without being overly drying. And another major plus - the shades names are all pun-ny - a total win in my book. And then there's brows. I'm not really too much of brow person, but I have been wanting to get something to fill in the sparse areas and I think the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Granite is the perfect color match for me and is really what I want in a brow product. It isn't too intense and I don't have to be too precise plus there's a little spooly at the end, which is nice.

Also, aren't these stickers adorable? I picked them up from a stationary store in Japan Town in San Francisco. bespectacled, life, things I like series, Don't Starve Klei Entertainment bespectacled, life, things I like series, Don't Starve Klei Entertainment

Yes, those are 19 mandrakes.

Don't Starve is this super fun game from Klei Entertainment that I got off of the Steam store. Basically, the point of the game is to survive and don't starve. The world isn't as innocuous as the game makes it seem, there are monsters to fight, food to grow, giants to avoid. It's definitely a fun game and is also actually pretty challenging! I definitely recommend it!

Hopefully, I'll manage to scrounge up the funds to pick up Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain sometime soon too!

So, what are some of the things that you've been liking lately?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)