the loved: skincare

5:00 AM

skincare-loved

While it's nice to switch things up every once and a while, sometimes it's nice to be able to fall back onto some skincare products that I could trust would work for my skin, these products all happen to be repurchases too, which I'm pretty proud of myself for. It's so hard to use up makeup without getting distracted by the next shiny thing down the line, but with skincare I'm a little bit pickier with what ends up getting slathered on my face.

The Caudalie Beauty Elixer is one of those much-talked about products that really doesn't have a clear result. Mostly I think I was suckered in to the fact that's called an elixir; elixirs, potions, whatever, I just envision a lovely magical concoction that'll give me perfect skin. Funny enough, I actually don't think this does anything, but there's something about it that's really nice. I tend to repurchase the smaller bottle during the summer because when you spray it onto your face it has this lovely cooling effect, perfect for when I'm practically melting due to the ridiculous humidity (much like we've had lately). Definitely a luxury product - the full sized bottle is only 3.4 fl oz for $49 - but I'd say give the 1 fl oz product a shot if you're curious!

I'm pretty particular about the eye creams I use because sometimes I get a nasty flare up around my eyelids and eye area and sometimes putting stuff on top irritates the hell out of it. This is my second tub of the Clinique All About Eyes Rich Eye Cream and I'm actually probably going to pick up my third this week! It's a no frills kind of product, the opposite of the Caudalie Beauty Elixir really, but it gets the job done of hydrating the eye area without any irritation.

Ah, LUSH. I could sing my praises on Lush skincare, some of it really is that good. It's hard to talk about Lush product at times: the smell of some of their products is something I think you should definitely try out for yourself because it's hard to describe them at times. Like the Olive Branch Shower Gel for example, which has some citrus notes, but overall smells quite invigorating. Whenever I use it, I always feel a little bit better about the day. And it's the kind of shower gel that lingers after you use it.

Let the Good Times Roll is a great exfoliator if you have sensitive skin - it's not has rough as say, Lush's Ocean Salt, but it still leaves your skin feeling smooth and lovely - plus I've used it on my face with no issue! It also smells like caramel and popcorn, so what's not to like about it? And lastly, Ultrabland. I don't write reviews, but I wrote a review on Ultrabland last year because I like it so much. First off, it lasts forever. It took me a year to finish the 3.5 oz tub! But like in my review, it's just something that works really well for me and my sometimes unbearably dry skin. On my bad skin days sometimes I just let this sit on my face like a mask before wiping it off. When you have dry skin, makeup removers can be a little bit of a sore spot because while you want it to take all of your makeup, you don't want it to strip your skin at the same time, and a lot of makeup removers have one or the other but hardly both. Ultrabland is definitely both, at least for what makeup I wear!

Do you have any go-to skincare products, I'd love to know what you would recommend!

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)