07 July 2015

quarterly favorites #2

bespectacled, bbloggers, beauty, non-beauty, life, Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm, Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm in Natural mint and Shea Butter, Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint Coming Up Roses, ASOS culottes, quarterly favorites

You know you haven't blogged in a while when your most popular post is something from 2013. Yeah.

But hi guys, how have you been? Thanks for sticking around, I know I've been MIA for a month or two now. No really good excuses other than a lack of motivation, but what being on an unofficial hiatus has taught me is that I really do like blogging and writing. It's the whole getting it out there that kind of terrifies me, even after almost 3 (!!!) years of blogging. Excuse the quality of the photos and the not so well thought out sentences, but I really wanted to post something and why not something a bit "easy" like favorites?

bespectacled, bbloggers, beauty, non-beauty, life, Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm, Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm in Natural mint and Shea Butter, Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint Coming Up Roses, ASOS culottes, quarterly favorites

Being out of blogging has really made me less mindful of the stuff that I use regularly. I end up falling into a routine and don't really try very much out, but at the same time I know which products I've actually loved because they end up my routine, if that makes sense?

1. Bobbi Brown Extra SPF 25 Tinted Moisturizing Balm If there's one beauty product that I consistently wore over the last three months, I think it would be this. Applied with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, this gives sheer coverage with a dewy finish that actually feels as moisturizing as it looks on the face; this feels like a hybrid skincare/makeup product almost. Honestly, this has become my number 1 base product (sorry Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer!)

2. Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm in Natural Mint & Shea Butter I don't know where I first saw this, but now I'm in love. I totally dig mint flavored lip products and this one is really strong and leaves your lips feeling nice and cool. The balm itself isn't bad either, it leaves my lips feeling really nice and moisturized. Plus it's SPF 25 and not super expensive either (about $7.50 USD)

3. Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint This hasn't received much love from the blogging community, but I'm a big fan of the Baby Tints. They're hydrating while giving a slight tint to the lips, the shade I have, Coming Up Rosy, gives a slight reddish tint. It doesn't feel as luxurious as the Lip Glow, but I think it's a really nice product that I can throw on without much fuss or a mirror. On me these also stain a little bit.

4. ASOS Polka Dot Culottes These were actually first featured in my very first "things I like" post! And even now in July they're quickly becoming a staple in my wardrobe. These exact pair are unfortunately sold out, but ASOS has a lot of other"culotte" shorts available. They're basically a skirt + pant hybrid, with some looking like full blown skirts and others wide legged trousers. They're just such a cool style, I think I'll end up wearing them my whole life. Practical and cute, they're the best of both worlds.

5. Podcasts It's official, I love podcasts. Please recommend me all of your favorite podcasts because I can't believe I've missed out so long on this! As someone who grew up marathoning Discovery channel shows, and in general as someone who just likes to learn about stuff, podcasts have really become a quick and easy way for me to just learn about things that are happening in the world.

6. Bloodborne (not photographed here) Despite the fact that the rest of these things show how much I like no-fuss kinds of products, this last favorite is definitely not one of those things. It's hard for me to really write why I like this game in a few sentences for this post because there's a lot of reasons why I like it. The aesthetic (the Gothic horror feel with steampunk elements to it), the gameplay (with the trick weapons and the hunter tools), the lore, and the monsters, it feels like a really well thought out game. I was honestly a bit disappointed with Dark Souls 2, and while Bloodborne isn't perfect (I really hope they add an expansion in the future), it does make me seriously excited for what they'll put out for Dark Souls 3!

+ BONUS! FFVII REMAKE Not technically a real favorite because it's not even out yet, but IT FEELS LIKE I'VE WAITED MY WHOLE LIFE FOR THIS AND IT'S FINALLY COMING TRUE. They've teased us so much with this series and finally they're going to remaster it for the PS4. I was practically in tears when I heard about this.

So, what has been on your favorite list lately? I can't believe we're already halfway through the year!

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)