10 July 2015

in rotation #7: products that I gravitate towards

current makeup routine, bespectacled, blog, Bobbi Brown Extra Tinted Moisturizing Balm, Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, Urban Decay Glide-On 24/7 Pencil Liner, Stila Convertible Color, Lipstick Queen Medieval

I have this bad habit where I buy new things that are similar, if not completely identical, to the stuff I already own. Like the growing number of sheer, tinted moisturizers that I own, or the half a dozen gray t-shirts that I own or the nearly twenty lipsticks that are pretty similar shades of rosy pink. Does anyone else have this problem?

I try to justify it by telling myself it's a different texture of tinted moisturizer, or a different shape of gray t-shirt or a slightly different shade of rosy pink, but in the end they're pretty much the same thing when they're on. My most recent makeup routine has been pretty much me going for the same look - dewy skin, blush, smudgy liner, my signature you can say.

current makeup routine, bespectacled, blog, Bobbi Brown Extra Tinted Moisturizing Balm, Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, Urban Decay Glide-On 24/7 Pencil Liner, Stila Convertible Color, Lipstick Queen Medieva

Bases Tinted moisturizers all the way with me and no medium coverage either. Hydrating with sheer coverage and some in SPF in it, please! I totally am in love with the Bobbi Brown Extra Tinted Moisturizing Balm but the jar packaging isn't all too practical to carry everyday in my makeup bag. I keep this and the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream (not pictured here). Both products have nice textures that have a small cooling effect upon application.

Concealer I think pot concealers are here to stay with me. They tend to last longer and crease less on me. I'm trying out this Laura Mercier Secret Concealer but I think I prefer the Becca Ultimate Coverage Concealing Creme a bit more though.

Brown Liner I liked the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner, but applying it requires a lot of dexterity. Which, I may or may not be able to pull off at 5:30 in the morning. So, I end up falling back on an old-y, but a goody, the Urban Decay Glide-On 24/7 Pencil Liner.

Red Blush I think it first started with the YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush in #5 Rouge Effrontee that started the obsession. That and this Stila Convertible Color in Poppy are actually both lip/cheek products, but I think they both ultimately are the best on the cheeks. Both are really super pigmented as well so I prefer to apply with a brush, but these seriously give me a surprisingly natural looking blush (as long as I don't over apply, otherwise it's clown face all day)

Sheer Lipstick Is this last one a surprise? I can write whole blog posts dedicated to sheer lipsticks. While I do like a full colored lipstick every once and a while, they sometimes can be way more maintenance that I'd prefer. I think sheer lipsticks are a really quick and easy way to look a little done up with little effort. And the Lipstick Queen Medieval lipstick does just that - makes you a little bit done up. This is a sheer red and why have I waited so long to get this?. If you're a fan of sheer reds/Lipstick Queen, definitely check this out.

The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light is a new product to my routine, one of which I really can't tell what it's actually doing, but if there's another thing that I gravitate towards is great packaging and a good mirror. So at least there's that.

Are there certain kinds of products that you end up falling for over and over?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)