quarterly favorites

Monday, April 06, 2015

quarterly favorites, NARS Radiant Compact Foundation, Target Up&Up Blush Brush, Make Up For Ever HD Blush 310, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Luminous Flush, Laura Mercier Sheer Lip Color Healthy Lips, Becca Ultimate Coverage Concealing Creme Honeycomb, Lush Celestial Moisturizer, The Body Shop Almond Hand & Nail Cream, Everlane The Crew Sweatshirt Grey Marled

I know, I know, it's been a entire month since my last post. Honestly I have no good excuses, but I think I'll save you guys the trouble and just jump into the products that I've really enjoyed using over the last three months. I think I like the quarterly favorites system a bit better - these are all products that are solid favorites and not ones that I'll like now and then ditch for a new one. First off is a new base product. Having perpetually dry skin (even during the warmer months) means my skin looks pretty matte for the most part, so I enjoy products that make my skin look a little glowy. And I think the NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation does just that. I apply with the Real Techniques sponge and it gives a nice sheer coverage but with a subtle radiance to the skin. It's not one of the more popular NARS foundation picks, but I totally dig this.

Blush wise I have two picks, both of which are oldies but goodies - the Make Up For Ever HD Blush in 310 and the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush. I actually haven't bought a new blush in forever and I think these will probably carry on into spring and summer as well. Although I'm definitely eying the new shades in the Clinique Pop Blush line. For application I've been mostly using this Target Up & Up Blush brush. For such an inexpensive brush the quality of it is pretty nice. While I like the Real Techniques offering, it's obnoxiously big and a little annoying to carry around.

Believe me, I'm a little surprised that I've only picked one lipstick to include in my favorites, but I do think it's a good one. The Laura Mercier Sheer Lip Colour in Healthy Lips is a sheer rosy shade that's very comfortable and is a little hydrating on the lips. It's not the most exciting or ground breaking lipstick in the world, but it's definitely a no-fuss kind of shade. Plus it works in the office too - just a nice all a rounder. I forgot to include the Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter, but that is also a favorite from these last few months. Can you tell that I'm totally into rosy shades?

Concealer wise, this Becca Ultimate Coverage Concealing Creme is new, which I picked up in early February. A little bit goes a long way with this product and even though I've been using it almost everyday I wear makeup, I've barely put a dent in it. It's creamy and opaque and doesn't really settle too much in the fine lines under my eyes. And the staying power is definitely nothing to laugh at, I think it wears really well throughout the day and by the time I go to remove it I think there's still a decent amount holding on. While I find creamy concealers like this to be a little drying especially over more liquid concealers, as long as I prep the under eye area well I think it works for me. Another Becca pick that I really enjoy!

My skin is always dry, but in the winter (I mean, if you can call 60 degree Fahrenheit highs, "winter") it's a little bit more annoying to deal with because of all the flakes and just feeling generally uncomfortable. This is true for both my face and hands, so LUSH Celestial and the The Body Shop Almond Hand & Hail Cream have been real life savers. With things warming up however, I find the thick and slow to sink in quality of Celestial to be a bit much even though I really liked it in the winter time. Definitely a great moisturizer if you don't mind the texture. I'm not really a shopper of The Body Shop but this hand cream is a blogger favorite and I really wanted to try it out. I'm actually glad I did because it's a really nice formula and the smell is nice. I'm an avid hand washer and am always in the need of a little more moisture throughout the day.

And lastly, are you surprised to see a gray top featured here? I swear gray colored tops make up the bulk of my wardrobe. But I think the Everlane Crew Sweatshirt in Gray Marled is a special one because I think the quality is excellent. The fabric is nice and soft and is the perfect thickness, which makes it a good piece for transitioning between hot and cold weather. And I can picture myself wearing this year round really and I hope they'll expand their color range as well!

I know I'm bad at updating, but I actually have some posts scheduled! This blog isn't dead, but I am trying to figure out how to blog and work while still making time for my other hobbies as well. Thank you to everyone who has stuck around, I hope I'll be able to keep up with the posting. Anyway, what are your some of favorite products? Do you like monthly or quarterly favorites better?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)