how to look awake at 4:30 in the morning

Wednesday, March 04, 2015

bespectacled, beauty, brush free makeup, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge 10 Rose, Corrector,  Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes 02 Lots o' Latte, BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil Whiskey

Spoiler alert: it's all in the makeup.

Long time no post right? I've been doing quite a lot of thinking about the direction I'd like to take this blog. Instead of being mostly beauty with the occasional sprinkling of other content, I want to add some other posts where I just write about other stuff that interests me. I have so many ideas that I want to try out, but starting them is a bit difficult. But, I thought I'd ease myself into writing again after a week or two with talking about makeup.

On the days where I work I'm up at 4:30. I know, it's disgusting. But I've been doing this for almost a year now (wow, time flies!) and I've pretty much gotten used to it. Even on weekends where I can sleep in I normally wake up at 7. On workdays, I always have a little free time to myself before I chose to go into work and I normally do things like grab a coffee, read, write, and use the internet. My free time in the mornings is pretty precious to me so I don't want to spend it all having to apply makeup.

So, in order to shave off a lot of time when slapping makeup onto my face, I stick with the quickest and cheapest way to apply it: my fingers. The Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer is such an amazing base product - I feel like it evens out my skin tone while actually doubling up as a moisturizer. And if you know me a little, you know I love things that have multiple effects, like the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. I'm much more of a blush girl because I like This thing is pretty pigmented so I try to be careful when I apply this as a blush Since my post where I talk about the unloved products in my stash, I've been making a serious effort to use some of them more often. Now, I always have the Pot Rouge in one of my pockets because 1) it's such a good product and 2) the mirror on the inside is excellent as well. I'm actually thinking of picking up one more. Ah, from going unloved to becoming a favorite again!

I'm never without concealer, I always pop a little of the Bobbi Brown Corrector underneath my eyes to perk my face up. Because while I'm used to waking up so freaking early, my face hasn't really caught up. I feel like highlighting is also another way of faking that you're bright eyed and bushy tailed. I will never shut up about BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight - I just love it so much. I'm seriously considering buying the full size when this eventually runs out (hopefully not for a while), but wow, 1.7 oz is bigger than most foundations. Who even needs that much highlighter?

For eyes, I go kind of simple. On a "I can't be bothered" kind of day, it's smudgy brown eyeliner all the way with the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil in Whiskey, another product that I simply adore and won't shut up about. Smudgy eyeliner is such a trick because the end result is pretty nice but without the effort - I don't even have to apply eyeliner straight because I'm just going to smudge it out with my fingers. But on fancier days, I like to add some shimmer and color with the Clinique Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in Lots O' Latte. The applicator on this is a bit chunky - while the size works well for lips, it's pretty clunky on the eyes. But the key is blending, which this does well. On me it's not the most long-wearing, but again, for the convenience of it, it's totally workable. But I've totally jumped on the eyeshadow stick mini-trend and bought and liked the Marc Jacobs Twinkle Pop Eye Stick (not pictured here). Definitely more shimmery and a smaller in size, Three Shakes is a really lovely bronze shade. Plus these sticks have a really nice cooling effect which also perks me up!

So, what's your makeup routine like when you're in a rush to get your makeup done? Do you tend to go for easy to apply things or have you perfected the art of using brushes?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)