the unloved

5:00 AM

bespectacled, beauty, the unloved, Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge 10 Rose, NARS Eyeshadow Duo Brousse, Satin Lip Pencil Hyde Park, Becca Beach Tint Watermelon

While my bloglovin feed is slowly filling up with Valentines day related posts and things that people love, I've been thinking a lot about the products that I just don't love as much as I should. I've been rifling around my stash lately, throwing out things way past their expiration date and doing a lot of swatching for no reason other than to confirm with myself that, yes, that is a really pretty color. In the dark corners of the basket where most of my makeup calls home I've rediscovered some products that have gone a bit unloved lately.

I like novelty and add to my collection pretty regularly. I obviously develop favorites and for the things that truly don't work for me I've been better about returning or exchanging them. But still I end up with a few products that, while they're nice, I just don't get enough use out of them. The NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Brousse is a really pretty duo. The formulas of the shadows aren't bad - they're totally workable and blendable - and they're my very first high-end eyeshadow purchase so there's a bit of sentiment attached to it as well. But in all honesty, the Make Up For Ever Artist Shadows are just better so I just don't reach for this as often anymore.

It is a good idea to have a good rummage through your stuff because you'll remember that 'oh yeah, this was actually pretty good'. And as far as lip and cheek duo products go the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge in Rose and the BECCA Beach Tint in Watermelon would rank pretty high on my list (which I seriously need to update). I've upgraded these two from the stash to my makeup bag in an effort to use them again. And honestly the mirror on the Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge is big enough that I'll probably just keep it in my jacket pocket for touch ups anyway.

The NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Hyde Park is really pretty. While it's not as comfortable as my favorite moisturizing lipsticks are, the satin lip pencils are nice, opaque, and lasts a decent amount of time. I just don't use it because I don't own a freaking sharpener for it and I'm way too lazy to buy one. Why couldn't it pull a Bobbi Brown Art Stick & come with a sharpener? So this kind of sits in my stash, used occasionally, but I don't wear it as often as I should because I just can't be bothered with buying a sharpener for it. It's stupid really.

But for whatever reason, as my makeup collection keeps on growing, some products just fall through the cracks and end up collecting dust in the back. Have you done a rummage through your collection? Did you find some products that just have gone a bit unloved or have you found anything that you're like to start using again?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)