a few things I like #1

5:00 AM

bespectacled, things I like, beauty, style, life, ASOS Tall Polka Dot Culottes, Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, LUSH Honey Trap, ASOS bag, e.l.f. small stipple brush, Make Up For Ever HD Blush,

Can you tell that I like post series?

I've decided to get rid of doing straight up product based monthly favorites. I feel like I can be really wishy-washy with my favorites: I'll like it one month but forget about it the next and honestly I feel like I end up choosing the newer items instead of talking about products that are my actual favorites. Instead I have something a bit different planned for the end of the month, so I hope you'll stay tuned. (Woah, where did the month go? We're already more than halfway through!) But I do like to talk about the things that I do like so I figured I'll do a regularly occurring series on it! So here are a few things that I've been liking lately:

LUSH Honey Trap & this mini Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief. I keep several lipsticks in my bag (three at the moment), but hardly any lip balms. I decided to remedy that with this random one from LUSH. I really like the texture of it and it does keep my lips feeling nice long after it's sunk into my lips. On the subject of random skincare products, I've also been carrying around this mini Clinique moisturizer. I thought it was interesting that you can supposedly put this on top of your makeup, which, yeah, I mean you could. But it totally wipes away the product. But I like how travel friendly it is and it beats me carrying around some of my other moisturizers. I wish other brands got on board with the trial sized products, I'd like to know if something will work for my skin before I drop money on it. But $8 for this is a little steep.

Highlighters, especially the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight in Opal. I didn't "get" highlighters until my skin became more and more matte as the season wore on. And now it's slowly something that I'm really liking the look of on my skin. I definitely like highlighters that give more of a glow than a sparkle and the Becca Skin Perfector Spotlights are definitely on point with that.

This combo of cream blush + e.l.f. small stipple brush, my favorite cream blushes being the Make Up For Ever HD Blushes. When I'm in a hurry I'll apply cream blushes with my fingers but if I have a bit more time to buff it in the small stipple brush really gives a more even application so you don't accidentally look like you're sporting a rash on your face - which has probably happened to me at some point.

diptyque Baies candle - sure I'm burning money, but at least it smells good. I just honestly wanted to see what the fuss was about. Will I ever repurchase? I hope not!

ASOS Tall Spot Print Culotte. I'm a big fan of the culotte: they're stylish while still being functional; not so much a fan of the name though since culotte is also underwear in French. Names aside, I do plan on owning like two more culottes because they're just so damn practical. I'm nowhere near being classified as "tall" but the advantage of the ordering from the tall line is that they're longer than your average piece. While I'll always be a advocate for the mini, that isn't the best attire to wear in an office, you know?

This thermos that my brother sent me - Stumptown Coffee Klean Kanteen. There is something magical about this thing because I swear this keeps my coffee hot for like two hours, hours. I'm a slow drinker - I'll take sips from my coffee for hours but sipping on cold coffee really loses it's appeal day by day. But this thing is magic, I swear. Plus it's a gift from my brother, which is pretty nice as well.

And lastly, I've a got a new bag: ASOS V Bar Satchel Bag. A smaller bag = fewer items, right? It's kind of been working for me which is exactly what I need because I have a bad habit of carrying things "just in case". It carries my most essential items (notebook, wallet, lipsticks, etc) while still being compact. Plus it's cute, which is always a bonus.

What have you guys been liking lately?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)