in rotation #6

Monday, January 12, 2015

in rotation, bespectacled, beauty, Ardency Inn Americana Custom Coverage Concentrate, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush, Bobbi Brown Corrector, Real Techniques, Bobbi Brown Art Stick, Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow Quad, Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense 18 Intense Black Honey

Lately I've managed to really streamline my routine and I'm able to get polished and ready fairly quickly. Which is extremely nice because I have very little free time to be sitting around to buffing in my makeup. I'm still testing things out so the majority of my routine has included new products but I really have been enjoying everything so far. For a base I start off with a pump of my AM moisturizer the La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra with a half a pump of the Ardency Inn American Custom Coverage Concentrate. I feel like this is a great way to use up all those extra moisturizers that I have lying around and I really enjoy that I can control how much coverage I can get - half a pump with my moisturizer has a little more coverage a than a tinted mositurizer and any excess I'm able to blend under my eyes as concealer. If I need a little bit more brightening under my eyes I opt for the Bobbi Brown Correcter.

Base done, I usually go straight for eyeshadow and liner. I like the Chanel Les 4 Ombres Eyeshadow Quad in Tisse Rivoli quite a lot and is a bit of a departure from my normal preference of mattes. All of the shades in the quad are a little shimmery and have some glitter in it but I don't experience too much fall out from. For a quick look I usually blend the top left shade all over the eye and deepen up the corners with the bottom right shade for some definition. On days where I'm not wearing eyeshadow I will always have liner on and the Clinique Quickliner for Eyes Intense in Black Honey has been really lovely. Black Honey is a deep brown with some red undertones and I do really like it, it's a departure from my usual straight up brown pencils but it's a good departure.

My blush pick lately has been the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush. I don't know if it's the novelty of the product that has me reaching for it but it's quickly becoming one of my favorites. I really like the shade Luminous Flush, it adds a nice hint of color to my cheeks. I'll report back on my feelings for this later on in the month but it's definitely here to stay in my routine. And lastly, lips. I honestly switch up my lipstick everyday but in an effort to use up more of my older products I've been rotating the Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Cassis. Cassis is a deep red brown, which is a bit intense on a regular basis, so I usually end up sheering it out with my finger.

So that has been my routine lately, a bit boring with mostly new products but I am also trying to use up the older products in my collection too. Novelty has been such a big factor in what I choose to wear - I'll usually end up reaching for the newest things first and then nothing ever really ends up getting used all the way. But hopefully as I continue to add some of the older stuff to my makeup I'll be able to make a dent into some of these! Anyway, what has been in your makeup rotation lately? Any new stuff or any older stuff that you go back for?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)