november 2014 favorites

Sunday, December 07, 2014

november favorites, beauty, skincare, bespectacled, Lush Celestial Facial Mositurizer, Makeup Forever Artist Shadows, Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Bisque, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight

Hi guys! I know I've fallen off the radar a little here on the blog, but the motivation hasn't been quite where it was with this blog. But I'm trying to get my writing juices flowing again with a little late November favorites post. I feel like November was a bit of indulgence for me because it was my birthday month and I'm definitely one of those obnoxious people who celebrates for the entire month. Overall I think it was a good month and now that it's over the joy hasn't really left because it's now holiday season! But first, onto the favorites!

A lot of my favorites are a few of those new things that I showed in my last new in post, but were some real standouts this month. Like the Makeup Forver Artist Shadows. Oh Makeup Forever Artist Shadows you guys are truly a feat. I'm honestly tempted to buy more because these shadows are amazing: pigmentation, formula, and a wide range of colors to pick from? Check, check, and check. A bit on the pricier side but honestly I think they're worth it. Another fave was the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask. I feel like my cold has lasted for a month and I've just about accept that I'll be sniffling and sneezing until spring, but I hate the chapped lips. But this lip mask has been so lovely. I can't give up wearing lipstick even when I'm sick so slathering this on before bed helps me wake up with my lips looking like I'm at my 100%. Highly recommended for this season!

I was a little apprehensive about the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer at first but now I can't imagine what my collection would be without it. This definitely doesn't feel like other tinted moisturizers because it actually feels like it's moisturizing and not just putting some tint on my skin. Mine is the original version and I have nothing but praise for it if you're into tinted moisturizers! And my last makeup piece is a bit of a surprise for me. I wasn't a highlighter girl until the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector came into my life. This gives a beautiful glow without the glitter, which I adore! It looks so amazing and if you can get your hands on the minis (because the full sized version is as expensive as some foundations) you should totally snatch them up.

And lastly, skincare. I'm dry year round, but I feel like everyone gets a bit drier this time of the year so these picks are pretty relevant. I feel a little bad putting the LUSH Celestial Moisturizer up here because I technically bought it the 29th but it was love at first try. At first I thought there was such little product but a little bit goes a long way with this moisturizer. It doesn't immediately skin in I feel, it stays for a little on top of the skin and really nourishes. Plus there's a really light cocoa butter scent to it as well. I highly recommend this and I feel like this is quickly becoming my favorite moisturizer of all time! The same goes for the Clinique All About Eyes Rich Eye Cream. The Kiehl's Creamy Avacado Treatment was literally doing nothing for me. It wasn't hydrating and it stung the skin around my eyes sometimes. This feels a whole lot more nourishing and hydrating and it isn't irritating either even when my skin is at it's worst.

For this month I'm trying to curb some of my personal spending to make more room for my family, but we'll see how that turns out (I just placed an order at Sephora so...) But, what were some of your favorites for last month? Are you looking forward to the holidays?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)