new in: the I bought way too many things edition

Monday, November 24, 2014

bespectacled, beauty, new in, haul, Sephora VIB Sale, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Bisque, Clinique All About Eyes Concealer 05 Medium Beige, Makeup Forever Artist Eyeshadow Palette M636, I634, M608, Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, Clinique Chubby Stick, Formula X Alchemy, fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Cherry, NARS Audacious Lipstick Jane, Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain 45 New York Scene, Clinique Cheek Pop 03 Berry Pop

I don't normally get this many products all at once but the whole "it's for my birthday" mentality combined with the infamous Sephora VIB 20% off sale and some bad work days really made me want to treat myself. A lot, I guess. Oops? There's something about this season that really gets you shopping, doesn't it? Other than an eye cream that I'm waiting for I don't have any major beauty purchases planned for the rest of the month so this will be it for now. Here's hoping next month won't be as bad!

But anyway, on to the stuff:

bespectacled, beauty, new in, haul, Sephora VIB Sale, Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Bisque, Clinique All About Eyes Concealer 05 Medium Beige, Makeup Forever Artist Eyeshadow Palette M636, I634, M608, Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector, Clinique Chubby Stick, Formula X Alchemy, fresh Sugar Lip Treatment Cherry, NARS Audacious Lipstick Jane, Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain 45 New York Scene, Clinique Cheek Pop 03 Berry Pop

Face
The one product that I had the biggest doubts on was the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer. Despite the good reviews, I was a little apprehensive because all the other Laura Mercier products I've tried I've returned: Secret Camouflage, an eyeshadow single, and a lipstick. And I had completely guessed with the shade "Bisque", which is Sephora describes is for light neutral complexions. Fortunately, I adore this product. Unlike other tinted moisturizers, this actually feels moisturizing. I'm sure this will feature in this month's favorites so I won't go on about it, but I'm glad that I've found a Laura Mercier product that works for me.

If the Clinique All About Eyes Concealer in 5 Medium Beige looks unused that's because it is. Unfortunately I'm having really dry and irritated skin around my eyes at the moment making it difficult to put concealer on. So yes, I've basically looked like a zombie for most of this month, attractive right? But hopefully everything will clear up soon and I can finally crack this open! But in an effort to make sure I'm not too dead-looking, I have been upping my cheek routine. I'm a lot late on jumping on the bandwagon for this Clinique Cheek Pop in 03 Berry Pop, but oh well. I really like the shade, it really brightens up the complexion, but honestly this is an average blush for me. There's nothing too special about it other than the cute design. I like it, but it's not exceptional. What I think is exceptional is this Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight, which I picked up in a trio that includes the shades Opal, Champagne Gold, and Pearl (Opal, shown here, being my favorite). I'm not big on highlighters, but this is highlighting without being glittery. It just looks really lovely. The trio is sold out on the Sephora website, but hopefully you can still find this in-stores!

Lips
I caved and got the NARS Audcaious Lipstick in Jane and I swear I was playing with the lid for like a full minute - the magnet is a really nice addition. Jane is described as a terracotta rose, which I think is a good description - it is a orange/brown leaning rose. But I do like it, the formula is lovely and not dry-feeling for a practically matte lipstick. And it's definitely a shade I'll get a good amount of use out of, especially now that I have something to help keep my lips hydrated. I don't know why it took me so long to pick up the Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask, but now I'm extremely happy to have it. This mask is amazing. I pop it on before I go to bed and I wake up with luscious lips. I'm obsessed.

I picked up this little set of four mini Clinique Chubby Sticks because I wanted to try different colors. I adore the two original formula Chubby Sticks in the set: 07 Super Strawberry & 04 Mega Melon and plan on buying the full-size of them once they run out. I've also finally picked up a full sized version of the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment after umming and ahing for the longest time about it. And I picked up Cherry because I love sheer reds, of course. And lastly, my only drugstore purchase: the Revlon Colorsay Moisture Stain in 45 New York Scene. I bought it because Lisa Eldrige looked amazing wearing it in her last tutorial and I had to have it.

Etcetera
I picked up the Formula X Polish in Alchemy because 1) I really liked the name and 2) it's a really interesting polish. It's a metallic polish made up of super fine differently colored glitters. I'm awful at describing colors but if you've seen swatches online, it is a very interesting shade! But the thing that I am the most excited for out of everything is this eyeshadow palette, which actually was a total impulse buy that worked out. The Makeup Forever Artist Shadows didn't really get much notice from me when they first came out but since picking these three shades up I suddenly feel like I want more - the pigmentation is amazing, the formula is beautiful, and there are so many to choose from! M636 is a matte warm mid-tone brown (far right), I634 is an shimmery bronze (center), and my favorite, M608 is matte red-brown shade (far left). I am really pleased with the shades I've picked up and I honestly can't wait to try more, maybe one of the colors?

So what have you been buying lately? Did you make any big purchases during the VIB sale?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)