makeup addict tag

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

makeup-addict-tag

So, I was tagged by Tasha of Shiwashful a while back to do the Makeup Addict Tag and have finally done it! I don't know if I'd call myself a makeup addict. I can quit any time, I tell myself as I obsessively check the status of my Sephora VIB Sale order. I have to admit, I've been in a bit of a blogging rut lately - hopefully this will get the creative juices flowing and get me inspired to write again!

1. Which product do you still keep buying more of despite having plenty in your collection?
I'd have to say that concealer and lipsticks are my biggest beauty weaknesses and probably make up the bulk of my collection. I'm on the hunt for my perfect brightening, non-creasing, hydrating but long wearing under eye concealer and nothing has really hit all of those points so I think I've amassed quite a collection. And I just like to try out different formulas of lipstick, because I actually do need that many sheer lipsticks. Really.

2. What's the one product you can't live without?
Before I actually started getting into serious(ish) beauty blogging, I would have said concealer, but I'm going to switch my answer and say lipstick. Nowadays, I feel naked without some kind of lipstick on. The concealers that I typically use are pretty weightless so I don't really notice them throughout the day, but I know if I still have some lipstick on. The glasses do a pretty decent job at hiding most of my dark circles, but it's really hard to get around the zombie lips without some kind of lipstick or balm over top. A little bit of color to your lips can do wonders!

3. Favourite makeup brand?
This is a bit of a toughie because I feel like I haven't tried out too many brands as a whole, I usually stick to one or two kinds of products from a brand because I'm definitely the type to try things out. But if I had to pick, I really enjoy NARS. Most things I've tried from NARS were really lovely and I think it's definitely a brand that I own the most of. From their blushes to their lipsticks, I've been pretty impressed by what I've tried from the brand.

4. How big is your makeup collection?
For a beauty blogger it's definitely on the smaller side: all of the beauty things I own can fit in one little container annd it doesn't even go halfway up. I've actually gone through a good purge so what you see in the photo up top isn't 100% accurate as well, I've probably cut half of those. I definitely do like to try out new things but I also don't like having too many products at once. Having too much makeup makes me anxious for some reason. Things just get way too cluttered and I never really use anything up which makes me think of how wasteful I've been, and it's just not fun. I think for my lifestyle, my collection could use a bit more trimming, but otherwise is a good size! If we were talking about clothes, well, that would be a different story.

5. And how do you store it?
I got this little plastic container from Target and I keep it one of the shelves of my bookcase. It's definitely not the most organized, I would really like to get all of my lipsticks better sorted out, but for now this is okay. I go through my stash every week and take things out and put them into my makeup bag for the week.

6. How many items of makeup have you got in your handbag at the moment? makeup-addict-tag3
Two NARS blushes, two concealers, and an obscene amount of lipsticks. That doesn't even include all of the lip balms I somehow managed to store in my bag. I do my makeup on the go so there's always some kind of makeup somewhere. I do go through rotations, so this always changes up. And of course if it's not in my bag, it's in my pockets. I once had a bit of scare when I found my Lipstick Queen Stoked Lipstick at the bottom of a freshly washed laundry - I swear my heart almost stopped. I was amazed that this thing managed to stay sealed and nothing was ruined. Remember to check your pockets before doing laundry people!

7. If you could raid another blogger's stash, who would it be?
I would say I would definitely raid Ashley of makeupTIA's stash. She has such an interesting mix of brands and products and I always find myself lusting after products that she mentions in her videos! I think we have a similar taste in makeup as well. But I wouldn't say no to having a rummage through Anna of ViviannaDoesMakeup's stash as well.

8. How long does your usual makeup routine take and how many products do you use? makeup-addict-tag2
My makeup routine takes me 5 or 10 minutes, most days I really can't be bothered to do very much other than to make myself look presentable. I'm very much a practitioner of the no-makeup makeup look, but every once and a while I add color. Lately, it's been a bit more simple though. I use the Revlon Photoready BB Cream as a base, but not always. I have good skin most days, but I do like to cover up the redness I get around my cheeks and just even out the complexion. I rotate through my concealers, but at the moment I'm using the Diorskin Nude Concealer. The Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette is something I always have in my bag, along with the ecotools Eye Enhancing Duo Eye Set of Brushes on those days wear I want to wear eyeshadow (with the Urban Decay Primer Potion as my primer of choice). But most days I just stick with the Sephora Collection Waterproof Retractable Eyeliner for smudgy eyeliner on the top and bottom outer corners of my eyes. Again, I like to rotate through my collection, but the MUFE HD Blush has been getting some extra love from me. As for lips, I'm pretty fickle. I'm back on the sheer, moisturizing lip phase and my Clinique Chubby Stick has been getting a ton of use lately!

9. Have you ever bought makeup knowing you wouldn't use it?
MASCARA. I don't think mascara looks good on me and I hate when my lashes feel heavy, but knowing that it just doesn't work out for me I still continue to buy mascara on the hopes that maybe this next one is different. But I know now, it's not just a phase, mascara just isn't my thing.

10. Tag a few other makeup addicts to do the tag!
I'm going to be very diplomatic and say that if you're a self-proclaimed makeup addict you can do this tag. I was always the kid who was no one's first choice so I hate picking people to do something like this and leaving someone out. If you want to do it, or have done it, leave your link or leave your answers below! I would love to read about your makeup collection!

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)