lately #13

Monday, November 10, 2014

bespectacled, lately, life, new in, Madewell Henri Oxford, Charles by Charles David Baha Calf Hair and Leather Loafer,

1. Sorry I've been AWOL on the blog this last week. I think I needed a good break to kind of revitalize myself. I think putting myself on a schedule the last month wasn't the best thing to do on top of my already full plate. Like Neon Love's Tenneil had a really good post on The Business of Blogging amongst other topics, and it really struck a cord with me. Blogging is my hobby - I like to share these things with you guys and when I start turning it into a job with deadlines and quotas, it just adds stress to myself with the way things are in my life now. Maybe that'll change in the future, but for now, I really just want to focus on creating content that I like and when I like to. I hope you guys understand! I'll still try to blog often, just not so much on a schedule.

2. As you can see in the photo I picked up two new pairs of shoes in the last month or so and both are unusual picks for me. The one with the leopard print is Charles by Charles David 'Baha' Calf Hair and Leather Loafer and the oxblood pair is Madewell Henri Oxford. My shoes are normally in two categories: black or nude; I'm not really one for color even on my feet but I think these have really changed my mind. They make such a nice contrast to darker colors that I normally wear. And the quality on both of them is really nice - the shoes feel nice and substantial - so even though they were both a little pricey I am rather happy with both pairs!

3. Oh the Sephora VIB Sale - it's been a highly spoken about topic here in blogger land and I am eagerly waiting on my online order! I don't want to write down what I had gotten and I might even pick up a few more things because it's my birthday month. But I just want my things to get to me soon!

4. Speaking of birthdays, I'm really considering pre-ordering this Alexander Wang Scuba Sweatshirt with Reflective Stripes ,from his 2015 Resort Collection, for mine. I know, it's super pricey, but I'm hoping to get some birthday money and have some money saved up for just an occasion. Plus, I'll be charged when it actually ships out giving me a little over a month to get all the funds ready. I just really dig the piece and I feel like I'd wear something like that quite a lot.

5. I finished The Lucifer Effect by Philip Zimbardo last month, woot! Highly recommended, especially if you're interested in the infamous Stanford Prison Experiment or the social psychology of evil. It's very interesting stuff. I've finally picked up some fiction novels and am in between reading House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski & The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. Though I think I'll try and read a little more of Fabric of the Cosmos by Brian Greene on the side as well. But that has taken me quite some time to get through because I have to stop every once and a while and just contemplate what I've read. Physics was never one of my strong suits or something well-read in so I learn quite a lot of new stuff and it's absolutely fascinating. Really, I'm liking everything I'm reading so far. House of Leaves is definitely a unique type of book and I've just been eating it up; and with my ipad out of commission (something about the battery, ugh) I've been reading a lot more nowadays anyway.

6. Also, I watched Big Hero 6 and wow that was such a great movie. I always feel weird watching Disney movies in theaters as a single adult without any children and it was absolutely packed with them when I went to watch the matinee. But I loved the movie, and it's something I definitely recommend!

So how have you guys been lately? Did you partake in the Sephora VIB sale - I'd love to know what you picked up! Or have you watched any new movies or read any new books lately?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)