and some not so typical fall picks

Monday, November 03, 2014

not-so-typical-fall-picks, bespectacled, beauty, style, Forever 21, Lipstick Queen Stoked, Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish Hip Hop, Dior Rouge Lipstick Trafalgar, Revlon HD Lip Lacquer HD Garnet, Milani Baked Blush 11 Bella Rosa

A while back I did a post on my typical fall picks, and as a follow up I wanted to add some of my not-so typical picks for this season. The trend in beauty and style is to go dark and to go for deep berry and red shades. And while I do enjoy that about that season I also like to go back to some brights as well. It's very easy to stick to an all black outfit, I'm pretty guilty of that I'd have to admit. So I like to add color through my makeup and through small accents. Gray is another one of those colors that I have a ton in my wardrobe, but I really like the stripe of blue in the neck band (as well as the sleeve and hem band!) of this Forever 21 Varsity-Striped Raglan Sweater. I really like varsity stripes because they're sporty without me having to be sporty.

I have four lip picks, because you know me, I can't pick just one. I'm not a gloss person but I do like the new Revlon Ultra HD Lip Lacquer in HD Garnet, this shade is a brighter fuschia-berry if that makes any sense? Again, it's all about brighter colors and this one is really nice if you want a gloss that still is berry-toned but also bright. Orange is a color I didn't imagine I would pick for the season, but I think a bright bold lip is a good contrast to dark outfits. My orange picks have been the Dior Rouge Lipstick in 844 Trafalgar if I want a bright pop of color and the Lipstick Queen Stoked Lipstick for something not as bold. And if I want red I pick up my favorite, the Clinique Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry (not pictured here) or the flower beauty Sheer Up Lip Tint in Dewy Rose.

I did a recent makeup purge and found the Milani Baked Blush in 11 Bella Rosa sitting in the back of makeup storage. The shade is a lovely matte pinky-red shade and really perks up the complexion, in my opinion. But if brighter makeup isn't your thing I think nails are the easy way to add more color to your wardrobe with little effort. It's no secret that I really like the Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish line. This shade, 317 Hip Hop, is bright red-orange shade. I also quite like the shade 702 Simply Sizzling, which is a bright Barbie pink shade. I guess the whole point of this post is that I like to wear brighter shades when I wear darker shades and blacks. Do you guys do that too - coordinate your makeup to what your wearing?

So what colors are you wearing this season?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)