08 October 2014

the "just-in-case" bag

everything-bag, beauty, life, skincare,

Also known as the: "I carry way too many things around with me on a daily basis" post.

In my massive tote bag I carry this small bag (which I picked up from Ikea) to hold the things that I wanted to carry with me "just in case". I'm the type of person who likes to be prepared for a lot of things. This bag didn't use to be as full though; I had decided to ditch the extra little makeup bag that I carried around and for some reason decided that I needed all of my "just in case" makeup as well. This is definitely a reminder that I need to clean this out, but I wanted to kind of document everything first.

The Actual Just In Case Items everything-bag2

From left to right

  1. Band Aids, Pain Medicine
  2. Mints, Chocolate, Allergy Medicine, & Hydrocortisone
  3. Eye Drops, Soft Picks & Herbivore Botanicals Ylang Ylang + Rose Face Toning Elixir
  4. Tide to Go Pen & Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet

I do my morning skincare - toner and moisturizer - on the go, and I'm honestly surprised that this glass spray bottle from Herbivore Botanicals has not smashed to pieces yet. I like this combo in the mornings because both the toner and moisturizer really feel like they wake me up. I don't actually know if the toner is doing anything, but it's a good pick me up. The other stuff in the section is pretty practical I feel, and I think I'll keep everything in this section. But I might pick up some different mints too!

Beauty Stuff everything-bag3

From left to right:

  1. Rimmel Moisture Renew Universal Transparent Lip Liner
  2. An extra pen
  3. Maybelline Fit Me Concealer & Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara
  4. Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Tannin & Zin
  5. Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Cassis
  6. NARS Powder Blush in Sin, Dior Lip Glow, & Diorskin Nude Concealer
  7. e.l.f. Flawless Concealer Brush, Blush Brush, & the Eyeshadow "C" Brush
  8. Sephora Collection Retractable Eyeliner in 10 Matte Brown/Black
  9. Urban Decay 24/7 Concealer Pencil in DOD
  10. NYX HD Eyeshadow Base

Of course, this doesn't include the random makeup bits that I have lurking my bag like the small eyeshadow palettes that I have amassed and my trusty Milani The Multitasker Face Powder which I use to set my concealer. There are some new things in here: the Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Zin and the Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Cassis were picked up last month during a moment of weakness/I was having a bad day at work and wanted a little pick me up. And I got the Dior Lip Glow this month as a part of my five (I'm in love already) and the Sephora Collection Retractable Eyeliner in 10 Matte Brown/Black (which I'm not counting because I actually lost my Urban Decay liner and the drugstore ones I owned dragged across my lids).

It's honestly a lot of makeup; I don't really need three concealers on me all at once. But because I do my makeup on the go I like to have options or use some stuff that I haven't in a while. But if I had to cut it down I'd stick with: the brown eyeliner, Bobbi Brown Art Stick (because this can double as a blush according the Bobbi Brown website), one concealer, and all of the lipsticks, because sometimes halfway through the day I'll get bored of one lipstick and I like to switch it up!

So, what about you guys, do you carry a lot of stuff with you "just in case"? Or do you like to keep things nice and minimal (please teach me your ways)?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)