some typical fall picks

5:30 AM

bespectacled, typical fall picks, H&M knit sweater, NARS Sin Blush, flower beauty Kiss Me Twice Lip & Cheek Chubby Raisin the Roof, NARS Eyeshadow Duo Brousse, Nails Inc Nail Kale Victoria, Oxblood, Diorskin Nude Concealer, Dior Addict Lipstick 797 Stiletto, Maybelline Color Whisper Berry Ready, Bobbi Brown Art Stick Cassis, Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream, Liquid

Things are finally starting to feel some what fall-like here in San Diego, at least a little bit. Yup, we're at the weird stage where it still gets pretty warm throughout the day, but cools down a lot when the sun goes down. But I think this is the closest sign we're going to get that it's fall so you can bet that I've been bringing out some fall-typical colors and comfy sweaters. A recent purchase has been this Knit Sweater from H&M, which is absolutely perfect. On me this fits more like a sweater dress, but it's super comfy and nice. I imagine I'll be getting a lot of use out of it.

As for makeup I have a lot of picks - can't you tell that I'm so excited for this season? My blush of choice has been either the NARS Blush in Sin, a light berry shade with some very fine shimmer in it, or the Flower Beauty Kiss Me Twice Lip & Cheek Chubby in Raisin the Roof, which is deep wine shade. For eyeshadows, I'm still very much in love with the NARS Eyeshadow Duo in Brousse. While I don't think this tone of purple screams fall, I find it to be very flattering and something that I find myself reach for the most out of the eyeshadows I own. And of course nothing screams fall like a deep wine shade on your nails like the Nails Inc Nail Kale in Victoria. But let's bring back the word "oxblood" - do you remember when that was the trend to call dark reds like this oxblood. I never really got on that trend the first time so I want to bring it back! #Oxblood2k14

For concealer, because I've been having drier skin lately (especially around my under eyes), I find myself reaching for the Diorskin Nude Concealer. The consistency is more liquid than creamy but the coverage is good and it doesn't cling to my dry spots. But I guess I've been on a Dior kick because I've also been loving the Dior Addict Lipstick in 797 Stiletto, which is a slightly sheer deep red. The formula is really easy to wear and isn't fussy either, making it definitely one of my go-to lipsticks lately. But I also quite like the Maybelline Color Whisper in Berry Ready, which is the most pigmented of the Color Whisper range. Berry Ready, as it's name suggests is a dark berry shade. The formula is a bleed a little so I do suggest a good lip liner. And if I want an easy two-in-one product, the Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Cassis satisfies that need in a good fall shade. Cassis is a dark red that works for both lips and cheeks.

Skincare wise, my skin has been a lot drier and more sensitive lately, mostly because I've been sick lately and my skin is twice as dry and sensitive when I'm sick for some reason. But I finally bust open the Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream to go with my Ceramidin Liquid and I have to say I'm hooked. I didn't want to like the Ceramidin Cream because it's so expensive but it really does work. I can put this on my most sensitive areas (around my eyes) and there's no reaction whatsoever. I think that once I run out of this I would only get the Ceramidin Cream - no matter how much I like the Ceramidin Liquid I don't like having this extra step in my skincare routine. But we'll see how I feel later on!

Are you excited for this season? I'm really looking forward to Halloween (mostly my company's Halloween party) and then it'll be November soon too! What are some of your beauty, skincare, or style picks for this season?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)