31 October 2014

october 2014 favorites

october 2014 favorites, beauty, skincare, bespectacled, Makeup Forever HD Blush, Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette, Primer Potion, Dior Lip Glow, Addict Lipstick 797 Stiletto, Rouge Lipstick Trafalgar

I for one am glad that October is over because as I'm writing this I'm sitting in my room in the dark because we have no candy this year and don't want people to think we're home. I feel like this entire month I've been ridiculously sick and also super busy at work - not exactly the ideal situation. I'm hoping that in November, things will ease up a bit.

I'm planning on doing a separate favorite list for some clothing-pieces as well because I do have a lot, but for skincare and beauty I've really been going for things that are a bit more "basic" with the a luxury item to add to the mix. I've fallen back in love with the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette, especially now that I have a really good eye primer to add to the mix, the original Urban Decay Primer Potion. This is such a workhorse duo and I find myself always carrying this around with me nowadays. I was finally brave enough to use the matte black in this palette as well.

As for the lips, I've been opting for more luxurious picks, all from Dior. It's become an unhealthy obsession really, but I adore the Dior Lip Glow. I've been consciously telling myself not to wear this because I feel like I've used so much of it already and it's only been a month! The Dior Addict Lipstick in 797 Stiletto & the Dior Rouge Lipstick in Trafalgar round out my lip picks and I do think this trio covers my basics! Very pleased with these purchases even if my wallet wasn't.

And last of my beauty pieces: the Makeup Forever HD Blush in 420. I like cream blushes and this is the best cream blush I've ever tried. Long-lasting, easy to apply, with such a natural finish I'm honestly tempted to pick up another shade. And with that Sephora VIB sale popping up next week I think I just might indulge myself!

And lastly, skincare. The Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream has been such a life-saver. When I'm sick, my skin always feel and looks drier, and this in combination with the Ceramidin Liquid have really helped keep my skin soft and hydrated. I thought I would get a bad reaction out of this because the herbal scent is stronger than in the Ceramidin Liquid, but I was pleasantly surprised that this didn't cause any irritation at all for me. And lastly I finally made my way into my local The Body Shop where they were having their 40% sale. The sales lady was super convincing and I picked up the Body Shop Olive Body Butter. The scent is pretty inoffensive, it smells very clean, and the texture is really nice. This is definitely one of those blogger-influenced purchases because I would've never looked twice at The Body Shop if it weren't for other bloggers. But I'm pretty pleased with this product so I guess it was a good thing!

So those were my favorites, what were some of yours for this month? Are you looking forward to November like I am?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)