22 October 2014

in rotation #5

in rotation, beauty, bespectacled, Revlon Photoready BB Cream, Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara, Dior Lip Glow, Dior Addict Lipstick 797 Stiletto, NARS Sin Blush, e.l.f. blush brush, Sephora Collection Retractable Eyeliner 10 Matte Brown

Despite having a pretty decent collection of makeup, sometimes I find myself obsessing over certain products and end up using them a lot more than any other of my stuff. For example, the Revlon Photoready BB Cream has stuck in my bag for quite a while now. I really like the consistency of this - it is very creamy, but not runny and I think that texture works well for me and I quite like the coverage of it - enough to even out my skin and cover some redness - while still being light feeling. Other than concealer, I'm not really much of a base makeup type of gal and once I've found something I like, I stick to it.

Which can also be said about the two lip products that I've gotten the most use out of lately, both Dior offerings. The Dior Addict Lipstick in 797 Stiletto & the Dior Lip Glow are both very easy to wear lip picks which I've been so drawn to lately. They're the kind of lipstick you don't have to worry about - the Dior Addict lipstick wears well while giving a comfortable semi-sheer tint to your lips. I'm trying to branch out a bit because I feel like I've been wearing these almost non-stop lately and I don't want them to run out so soon! As for blush, I feel like I rotate around from the three NARS ones I own the most; this time it happens to have landed on the NARS Blush in Sin applied with my trusty e.l.f. Blush Brush.

As for new things, I have a new eyeliner. I actually did lose the Urban Decay pencil - I was so disappointed! It's just lost in the bowels of my room somewhere and I'll probably randomly find it in like a month or so when I try and find something else. It's always how it's like for me: I lose something and then find something else that had been missing for like a month. But I do like the Sephora Collection Retractable Eyeliner in 10 Matte Brown. While not as smooth as the UD offering, it's a lot better than the Revlon one I was using before and I can't really complain at the price: $13! I'm tempted to get a second color because they have so many out. I also have a new mascara that I've been testing out - the Tarte Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara. Mini's don't count as part of my five, right? As someone who doesn't wear mascara too often this size is actually good. I've never used up a mascara, I always have had to chuck them because they're past their use by dates. The formula is slightly thickening and it doesn't give my lashes that awful crunchy feeling even after two or three coats. It's very lightweight and gives subtle definition. My lashes still can't hold a curl for it's life, but I don't blame the mascara.

So what has your makeup rotation been like? More exciting than mine, I hope!

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)