10 October 2014

favorite balms for chapped lips

favorite lip balms, bespectacled, beauty, skincare, Tony Moly Bbo Bbo Lip Balm Honey, eos Visible Soft Lip Balm Vanilla Mint, Dior Lip Glow, Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint 02 Coming Up Rosy

I've been sick with a really cold lately and while I wish I could just go to bed and sleep it off, I've had to force myself to get up and go to work and face the world. But whenever I get sick I also tend to get chapped lips a lot easier no matter how much water I actually drink. While I'm happy to report I'm on the recovery end of things, I've found myself not actually bothering with real lipstick and mostly sticking to lip balms.

My two clear balms of choice lately have been the Tony Moly Bbo Bbo Lip Balm in Honey & the eos Lip Balm in Vanilla Mint. Tony Moly is actually a Korean brand so I was surprised to actually find this in my local Sephora! One thing about Tony Moly is that there packaging is always that next step up - everything is so super adorable and so I had to pick this little balm up. The one I have is in honey and I always associate honey with things that are nourishing and soothing and this lip balm does just that. But because it's the kind of packaging where you have to dip your fingers in, I prefer to use it at nighttime. And if you're wondering, in Korean, "bbo bbo" (뽀뽀) means kiss!

The formula for this line of eos balms - the ones with the swirls around it - are a lot more hydrating and feel a bit more emollient on the lips than the original. It feels a lot more like a balm so I feel like it's heavier duty whereas the original ones are ones I use for everyday. Emily Noel did a review on these on her express channel and I think she does an excellent job reviewing this and explaining the differences between this line and the original.

But for me, performance wise, both of the eos & Tony Moly lip balms are pretty similar in the end. I wake up with softer and my lips are less chapped and I don't look like some dried out corpse. I kind of alternate between the two and knowing how easy it is for my to lose balms, I'll always have a back up. Both options are fairly affordable as well so I do highly recommend them!

When I'm sick my lips get really pale as well, which isn't the most flattering look for me. If I want color I have two options as well. The Clinique Chubby Stick Baby Tint in 02 Coming Up Rosy is something that I've changed my mind about. At first I thought that this was a mediocre product - sure it was moisturizing, but that was it. I didn't really see the big difference in terms of color on my lips so in the back of my stash it went. But I tried it again and have ended up really liking it so far. The color change is subtle and changes from day to day, but some days I just want a hint of color to the lips without very much effort.

And of course in an attempt to make myself feel better I picked up something from Sephora that had been on my wishlist for ages - the Dior Lip Glow. I'm a sucker for lovely packaging and Dior does not disappoint with this little number. The Dior Lip Glow is another one of those color-changing balms (I also do love a gimmick!) but it feels luxurious and nice as well. Maybe it's me just being biased because it's Dior but I really really like it.I think this is more successful at giving more of a color change to my lips than the Clinique one, but the tones are different. The Clinique one is more red and this one is definitely more pink. But it's great for just popping on without having to worry. I can't say it's an absolute must-have because c'mon, at the end of the day it's just a really expensive balm. But hey, it's Dior.

I do hope you guys are fairing a bit better with the seasonal changes and you're not sick like I am! This time of year in San Diego it gets very hot and dry and windy, but the mornings and nights still get a bit chilly and I'm never quite sure how my body will react. Anyway, let me know, what are some of your favorite lip balms?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)