06 October 2014

2/5 Antonym & Nudestix

oct-1-2, October beauty planning, monthly five, bespectacled, beauty, Antonym Quattro in Noisette, Nudestix Lip and Cheek Pencil in Ripe oct-1-2-detail, October beauty planning, monthly five, bespectacled, beauty, Antonym Quattro in Noisette, Nudestix Lip and Cheek Pencil in Ripe

For some reason when it comes to higher-end makeup, I'm a brand hopper. There is only one high-end brand that I've bought more than one or two items from, NARS, otherwise my collection is a mish-mash of different brands. What can I say, I like novelty. So of course when I saw these items on the Urban Outfitters beauty section of their store I decided to try them out.

I had actually ordered these last month with the intention that they'd be part of September's five, but I had so many issues with shipping - they had to send out a new box to me because mine was stuck in shipping limbo. But I got everything eventually and I'm pretty happy with both of these things so far. One, look at that packaging. That's one thing that drugstore makeup can't compare to and it's packaging. I'm a sucker for packaging and this bamboo case and little tin with mirrored lid were enough to make me swoon.

And hey, the products themselves aren't half bad either. Antonym Cosmetics is an natural makeup line, and I picked up the Antonym Quattro in Noisette which is a lovely little quad in neutral shades - a shimmery pale gold, a shimmery bronze shade, a matte warm brown, and a matte cool brown. The quality of these shadows feels lovely and smooth. They aren't powdery and apply fairly well. The pigmentation isn't 100% there - I'd say it was about 65-85% depending on the shadow - but for someone newer with eyeshadows extreme pigmentation isn't always a plus. But honestly, I'd use these for the packaging alone - it looks so fancy. But I'm a huge fan of those two bottom matte browns at the bottom. If I was redesigning the Urban Decay Naked Basics I'd include these two shades, which I definitely picture myself getting more use out of than the matte black in the first Naked Basics.

Nudestix is also a new launch whose tagline is: go nude, but better & I bought the Nudestix Lip & Cheek Pencil in Ripe. While I don't necessarily strive for natural-looking makeup, that's usually what ends up happening on my face. Again, the packaging is A+ on these - their pencils come in a little tin that includes a sharpener and has a mirror on the underside of the lid. I can fit a concealer and an eyeliner in here with the pencil, perfect for light days. The shade I picked up is a peachy shade that looks really lovely on the cheeks, but I don't think it quite suits me on the lips. But as the first introduction to this line I am pretty eager to try out more from them in the future.

oct-1-2-detail2

Sorry about the awful swatches! From left to right: Nudestix Lip & Cheek Color in Ripe, Blended; Eyeshadow swatches correspond to layout in palette

So what about you guys? Have you tried anything from these brands before? Do you like to brand hop?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)