3/5 Urban Decay & MAC

Thursday, September 11, 2014

bespectacled, beauty, new in, mini-haul, Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil Liner Whiskey, MAC Woodwinked Eyeshadow

My monthly five is going well so far, but not exactly what I had planned. Originally I was planning to buy the NARS Cordura Eyeshadow Duo but upon swatching it in stores I realized I would most likely only use the lighter shade regularly. And I hate the idea of not using a shade, which is why I'm absolutely afraid of eyeshadow palettes. So I opted for the MAC Eyeshadow in Woodwinked.

Which, honestly, is a bit underwhelming. When I swatched it in stores this was such a gorgeous shade but this doesn't actually show up very well on my lids, which are a bit dark because of my eczema. I don't know if it's the brushes that I'm using or if I just got one from a bad batch but I'm really disappointed by this pick. Luckily I still have the receipt so I will most likely be returning this sometime during the week. Which sucks because I was actually really looking forward to my first foray into MAC eyeshadows. I had just expected a lot more than what I got, but I think Urban Decay or NARS might be the way to go for myself.

But onto the good: the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Whiskey. When they say "glide-on" they actually mean it - the formula for this is excellent, this glides on the eyes like a dream (which was my biggest problem with other eyeliners), smudges easily but doesn't budge when it sets plus it lasts all day. I went with a bit of a boring shade - a matte dark brown - but I think it makes an excellent makeup basic, in my opinion. I do enjoy a good colored eyeliner as well and am definitely eying some more in the line.

So have you tried either of these products? What do you think about MAC eyeshadows - are they your favorite or do you enjoy something different?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram | twitter

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)