27 August 2014

the fall wardrobe

bespectacled, fall, pre-fall, autumn, wardrobe planning

It's apparently that time of year again - pumpkin spice latte season.

So you can say that fall is kind of upon us here in San Diego, what with the consistent 80+ degree weather. I'm kind of at a loss wardrobe-wise because I want to dress one way but the weather here isn't really cooperating with me. So at the moment I'm trying to find more of a balance between what I want to wear and the actual weather here.

I think the key is to find pieces that are lightweight but can be easily layered up in the event we get some weather around here. Everlane's Boat Neck Sweatshirt has been on my wishlist for quite some time now and it looks like the perfect piece to layer with or wear on it's own. And because it's such a basic piece it would work seamlessly into my wardrobe I think. And I'm always on the look out for new gray sweaters or tops - they're my go-to pieces year round really.

Whenever I'm in H&M I always try on their coats and man do I really want one. All of the fabrics are way to thick and on top of that usually lined so I'm hoping to actually DIY my own lightweight coat. I'm deciding between the Cocoon Coat or Three-Quarter Sleeve Coat patterns from Burdastyle as the base for my coat. I'm leaning more towards the latter, but we'll see! But I do the coat to be in some kind of dark gray fabric (I'm in a very gray-obsessed mood as of late).

And last on my list are midi-length culottes! I'm all about practical pieces and adore shorts that look like skirts - they're still pretty feminine while still being able to move around in without worrying about flashing your underwear everywhere. I'm experimenting with different lengths and think that a midi-length piece would work for me (if not I could always hem them shorter myself). I think culottes are the perfect transitional piece - still breezy enough for the summer but still fall-appropriate even without tights (which I have a tendency to ruin really quickly).

Another kind of general wishlist on my part, but what about you guys? How is fall like where you live & what's on your fall wardrobe list? Do you find yourselves wanting to dress for one kind of weather only to get something else?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)