June 2014 Favorites

Monday, June 30, 2014

bespectacled, monthly favorites, beauty, skincare, Lush Ultrabland, Milani The Multitasker Face Powder, Weleda Citrus Hydrating Body Lotion, pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm Ripe Raspberry,  Dior Diorskin Nude Concealer 03 Medium

Let's keep things short and sweet today with June's favorites because I know that you guys have many more posts like this to read and I'll also be pretty busy because it's the last day of the month! I have this tendency to ramble so I wanted to cut down my list of favorites short this month and I think I did a good job at picking my absolute favorites. But enough about that, let's talk about the Weleda Citrus Hydrating Body Lotion. I picked this up randomly at TJ Maxx for less than $5 on clearance, I believe, and I really really like it. The scent is citrusy without being too overpowering and I think it does a pretty good job at hydrating. I've always wanted to try Weleda and I think this was a great introduction. Another skincare favorite is Lush Ultrabland. I was in the mood for a cleansing balm and didn't want to leave LUSH empty handed so I chose this and I've really enjoyed this. I still like the Caudalie Cleansing Water for days when I just want all of makeup off right then and there, but if I want something to hydrate my skin while also removing makeup, this is definitely a good pick.

For makeup there were 3 stand outs for me. The first is the pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Ripe Raspberry. This is a relatively new product that I was a bit apprehensive about when it first came out. If you check the ingredients list you'll find that shea butter was pretty low and I thought that was kind of annoying. But honestly I do find this to be moisturizing and I adore the color. I always have this in my bag nowadays!

I'm not much of a powder girl, but I was switching back and forth between my NARS concealer and some of my other more liquid/creamy concealers and those just don't match the longevity of the NARS one. So I figured if I used something to set it, some of my other concealers would last a bit longer. I never really noticed the Milani Multitasker Face Powder before, but it got 4.1 overall (out of 5) on Makeup Alley so I thought, why not? Does anyone else do that though? I don't actually read reviews sometimes (a bad habit that I really need to get over), but sometimes I look at average ratings across websites. Makeup Alley being one of the more prominent ones! Anyway, I'm glad I picked this up because this is such a lovely powder. It's finely milled and definitely helps set makeup without looking cakey.

Which is nice because I picked up a new concealer that is a bit more liquid in the Dior Diorskin Nude Concealer, in the shade 03 Medium. Originally I had picked up the Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage and that was a huge mistake. Was anyone else super influenced by that Lisa Eldrige Alex Chung Makeup Tutorial? I picked up Secret Camouflage after that and returned it within a few days. I wanted something similarly priced and the only other concealer I was thinking about was this one by Dior. And oh my god, I'm glad I picked it up. It's color correcting, lightweight, and isn't super matte. It's not as long-wearing as the NARS concealer, but I think for my skin type, this is a much better choice.

What was on your June favorites?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)