in rotation #2

5:36 AM

bespectacled, beauty, in rotation,

e.l.f. Studio Blush & Flawless Concealer brushes, Maybelline Define-a-Brow in Medium Brown, nip+fab CC Eye Fix in Medium, Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Poppy, pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in Ripe Raspberry, Milani The Multitasker Face Powder in Medium

Like my skincare routine I've been adding a few new products to my usual routine. First are the addition of some new brushes! I've come to really enjoy the e.l.f. Studio line of brushes and the two I picked up are the Flawless Concealer & their Blush Brush. For $3 a piece these brushes are excellent quality - they're soft and do what they're supposed to. I have no issue with cleaning them either, which is nice. Somewhere down the line I'll pick up some more brushes just to have some variety and to have more brushes in rotation, but for now these two brushes are working quite well for me.

Brows aren't something that I normally care about, but I picked the Maybelline Define-A-Brow up on a whim and I plan on using it. It's kind of hard to judge something like brow products because as long as it lasts and fills your brows in, isn't that enough? I don't know, I don't usually pay too much attention to brows, but I wanted to change things up a bit. Anyway, the packaging isn't the best - the product twists up but doesn't twist back down, so be careful about dispensing everything!

Another new product is the nip+fab CC Eye Fix. I've been using it quit a bit lately to try and form an opinion on it. It's a tiny bit more creamy than other concealers in my collection that have a pen applicator, but it isn't very long-lasting and the coverage is pretty sheer. And I wouldn't say this is great at brightening/correcting the darkness under my eyes. Don't get me started on the whole "CC" trend that's starting to hit every brand. I honestly think it's just another marketing ploy to get you to buy new products that essentially do the same thing as older ones. Count me out! So you probably won't be hearing too much more about this, sadly.

Anyway, because I've been using more liquid concealers it's important to set them, otherwise by the end of the day I have foundation in place but no concealer, which I think I need more. I've been setting my undereye concealer with the e.l.f. Flawless Concealer Brush & the Milani The Multitasker Face Powder - which is supposed to be a finishing/setting/mattifying all-purpose type of powder. This feels a lot more luxurious than it's price point would suggest - it's really finely milled and super blendable. I don't normally use powder, but this has really changed my mind about them. I can't say much about it's ability to mattify your skin since I don't have issues with oil but I do like this to set my makeup.

And of course, I always switch up my lip products! I feel like I've been talking a lot about the pixi Shea Butter Lip Balm in previous posts so I'll spare you the details other than I like this. But the Tarte Amazonian Butter Lipstick in Poppy is a new pick that I've been obsessed with! First off, look at the packaging - how adorable is that? This one of the cheaper items that Tarte offers: I picked this up for $16. This applies really well and is creamy with decent pigmentation. This does bleed a little bit so you do need to wear this with a good lip liner. It's not the most unique of lip products out in the market, but I like the packaging and the color (a red, of course) is lovely.

That's it for this second round of products, what are some of the products that you've been using lately?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)