unexpected likes

7:30 AM

bespectacled, beauty, unexpected likes, Maybelline Color Tattoos Pomegranate Punk Electric Blue, Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish, NYX Liquid Eyeliner

First off, I'd like to say thanks for your support of my planning to do some more non-beauty related posts! For now posts are still primarily beauty but I hope to introduce a few more style & life-related posts as well. Thank you everyone who comment! Anyway, when I first started out with makeup last year I hadn't expected to become as interested (obsessed?) as I thought I would be. It's funny how your perspective on beauty products change as time progresses! One thing that I thought I'd absolutely shy away from the most is color. From my wardrobe you could tell that color is a bit lacking - I like my grays, blacks, navy blues, and denim. So I guess beauty products have become my way of introducing color into my looks in a more subtle way.

First are the Maybelline Color Tattoos in Pomegranate Punk & Electric Blue, both of which I've featured in previous FOTD posts. The naming for these colors is a bit off I think because when I think of pomegranates and electric blue I think of more vibrant shades, but I do quite enjoy these cream shadows.

Another way to add color is through colored liner. My favorite colored liner has been the NYX Studio Liquid Liner in 101 Extreme Blue. For me, my glasses kind of obscure any eye looks so I can get away with wearing bolder colors I think because they're not so in your face. I've tried a few other colored liners from the drugstore and none are as bold or as pigmented as this liner. I prefer liquid liners mostly because I've had the most practice with them the most and the lines are more precise than with a pencil liner. I only wish they had more colors available where I shop, but I'm definitely on the look out for some more colored liners. I'm in the market for a nice dark emerald green shade!

I adore the Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish line - they are probably one of the best nail polishes available at the drugstore and at about $3 you could collect them all without feeling too guilty. Nail polish has been the easiest way to add a pop of color to a look and I've been loving this shade, 702 Simply Sizzling, which is a Barbie pink. But there are a few other shades that I'm planning on picking up next week!

Do you like to wear colors? What are some products in your stash that you've unexpectedly grown to love?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)