07 May 2014

new in: YSL, Clinique

bespectacled, new in, beauty, YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush Lips & Cheeks Soft Matte Colour 5 Rogue Efftrontee, Clinique Chubby Stick Intense 04 Heftiest Hibiscus, Dior Addict Fluid Stick, See by Chloe Eau de Parfum, Nest Fragrances Passiflora Eau de Parfum, Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate

Admittedly, last week was not a good week for me and halfway through the week I was just feeling a bit drained and unmotivated. So I decided to treat myself to something just to give myself something to look forward to. And so here's a small "haul" of my last Sephora order, which I'm super excited to have and to share with you guys.

I'll save the main things for last and start off with the samples I got. First is the Nest Fragrances Passiflora Eau de Parfum sample. It's definitely not your typical floral scent - to me it reads more musky and masculine. I haven't worn it yet (I'm afraid of wearing such strong smelling perfumes), but I think it smells okay in the little glass bottle. Another sample is the fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate. It does smell a bit like plain black tea and is thicker than my current eye cream. For the full size, 0.5oz, it's a whopping $85, but hey, free sample! And the last sample is the Dior Addict Fluid Stick - it came with four red & orange shades and decent amounts of product in them. But, would it be in bad taste to do a review based on samples? I don't know if I'm willing to shell out $35 for a 0.18oz product at the moment.

I actally only purchased two things, first off being the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in 04 Heftiest Hibiscus. This doesn't really feel as moisturizing as the normal chubby sticks, and for me this feels like your regular old creamy lipstick actually. But I don't have a lippy in this orange-red color so I'm planning on keeping it, but I don't think it's really anything special. And because I spent a decent amount of money I used a code to get a deluxe sample of the See by Chloé Eau de Parfum. I haven't really given it a good sniff, but I do like it. I just hope I don't start hoarding perfumes as well!

But the thing I'm most excited about, however, is the YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush in 5 Rouge Efftronée. I'm a sucker for 2-in-1 products, even if they don't quite work for both lips and cheeks, I still really like them. So when Kate from Gh0stparties talked about this on her blog I was intrigued and then a few days later when I was having an awful day I decided to treat myself.

And I'm glad I did, this is quite a lovely product. Of the colors out there in this line I decided on the red shade because I figured I'd get the most wear out of it, at least on my lips. I was a bit apprehensive about getting a red blush product but this is surpsingly natural on me when I wear on my cheeks. This does lean more warm than neutral but it blends out quite well and I think looks quite lovely on my medium skintone. 2-in-1 usually have strange textures to them - blushes and lipsticks are such different beasts I think it's hard to find a formula that would work for both. Some duo-use products are powdery like a blush and others are more sticky and creamy like a lipstick. But this sits firmly in the middle I think. It doesn't feel powdery on the lips (and isn't drying actually) but at the same time it isn't sticky or dewy on the cheeks. Words cannot express properly how excited I am about this, and it's my first and only YSL product at the moment! It's 0.33 fl oz for $40, so it's definitely up there in terms of price, but if you want to treat yourself like I did I do recommend it. I'm testing this for longevity at the moment but you'll probably hear back from me in a review.

How has your week been lately? Did you treat yourself to something nice?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)