new in: Revlon, H&M, etc.

6:13 AM

bespectacled, beauty, new in, skincare

Bit of a different "new in" post as I've add a few new style-related items in as well! But let's get started with the beauty! It's a bit of a mix of random items, but firstly I've picked up the new St Ives Nourished + Smooth Oatmeal Scrub Mask. The granules in here are very fine and excellent if your skin is sensitive. I've only used it twice so far, but it's good. It's a bit weird that it's both a scrub and a moisturizing mask in my opinion. I don't usually think exfoliating + moisturizing could be combined into one, but we'll see how I feel later on.

Next up, I picked up new shades of products that I like. First is the NYX Rouge Cream Blush in CB13 Tickled, which is a shimmery coral shade. On my skin it doesn't show up as full color as the other one I own does, but it gives a nice glow to it, so I wear it a bit higher up on my cheekbones. And I picked up another Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish this time in 447 Barmy Blue. It's not quite navy, but not just blue. It looks purple in some lights and like other salon pro nail polishes, it applies and lasts well. That makes five of these that I own. Really I want to own them all and at $3, I really could.

The next handful of items are all new releases, which is super exciting. First the L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara, which has gotten much support from some UK beauty bloggers. The display gives me all kinds of second hand embarrassment with it's pandas and what not, which I'm not sure how I feel about. Is it as good as all the beauty bloggers say it is? I'm at a resounding "maybe". The formula is super wet and can clump if you're not careful, but if you wipe off the excess it does give good definition to your lashes. It's good but I don't think it deserves all the hype it gets.

If you've been on my new instagram, @b3spectacled, (blatant advertisement is blatant) you'll know I pick up these new goodies from Revlon for their Colorstay line. And so far I really adore all of the colors. I've been in the search for a green pencil liner and the new shade of the Revon Colorstay Eyeliner, jade is a lovely shade. The new Colorstay Gel Envy Nail Polish line is quite nice as well. I picked up the shade 540 Checkmate and it's such a nice color. Why have I strayed from this kind of color? It's so lovely and shiny! I've never used "gel" like nail polishes so I had no idea what to expect. But this polish is pretty thick and opaque in one coat if you put on a good amount. And it's so shiny. Like unapologetically so.

I guess I've been on an orange lip mood lately, what with my purchase of the Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Heftiest Hibiscus and now these two products. First isn't really new, it's been out for a few months now, in the Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in 130 Tease. And last for the beauty items is the new Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain in 035 Miami Fever and OHMYGOD this is lovely. I think this is Revlon's response to the Maybelline Color Elixirs (which I hated) and other similar products available out there, but ten times better. I haven't worn it for significant amounts of time, but it applies like a dream and isn't thick at all (which I hated about the Color Elixirs). When you first apply it it feels kind of cool which is a nice effect. As for the staining power, this gives a bit of a stain but I'll report back what it's actually like later. Basically, if you want a glossy look but hate the feeling of gloss these are definitely the right product for you.

London Rebel, bespectacled, new in, personal style, London Rebel, Asos H&M, bespectacled, new in, personal style,

Another pair of pointy black shoes, you ask. Hell yeah. I'm absolutely obsessed with pointy toed shoes and now I have a pair of London Rebel Point Lace-Up Shoes, which I got off the ASOS website on sale for ~$50. I adore these things they're really comfy to walk in and I just love the look of them. You just can't go wrong with black.

From H&M I picked up this sheer black plaid button up with drop sleeves on sale for like $10, which was great because I had wanted to pick this up when it wasn't for sale. Score! And lastly I got a pair of medium washed boyfriend jeans. I personally really adore the look of boyfriend jeans and they're so comfortable. I have a hard time finding the perfect pair of skinnies, but have had pretty good luck with boyfriend jeans so far. Still looking for the perfect pair of medium-wash skinnies for petites. Any recommendations?

What have you been buying lately? Have you tried any of the products I've shown here?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)