May Skincare

Friday, May 09, 2014

bespectacled, monthly skincare, Caudalie Makeup Remover Cleansing Water, CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, Clarins Eye Contour Balm, Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet

When it comes to skincare I don't like to compromise - if there's something in my routine that just isn't working for me I usually stop using it and purchase something else that would hopefully work a bit better. If you look at my last skincare routine post, the products here are almost completely different. So I thought I'd make this a regular feature and show you guys what things have and have not been working for me.

I have an awful luck with finding cleanser for dry skin. They're usually too drying and make my skin feel tight after I've washed it. I had hoped the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser would be the answer to my prayers, but it's kind of a meh product. It feels like I'm putting lotion on my face that you wash away and I don't feel like it does a particularly good job at cleansing. And forget about trying to remove your makeup with this thing, unless you're using some kind of muslin. This is awful at removing even a little bit of makeup. Luckily I have this sample of the Caudalie Makeup Remover Cleansing Water which I got as a part of a set for free. I didn't expect to like this as much as I do and am planning on buying the full size once it runs out. I don't find many makeup removers that don't dry my skin out. I was kind of shocked the first time I used this because my skin actually felt moisturized after using this. I like this as a my first step of cleansing, but I'm definitely on the lookout for a better cleanser, however. On lazy days though I do end up using this $1 makeup remover wipes I got from Daiso Japan/Marukai.

I've been incorporating an eye cream into my routine not because I actually think it'll help my dark circles and fine lines, but because my skin is literally dry everywhere. I also happen to have eczema on my eyelids (fun, I know) and so on some days I can get especially dry, so I need something to just give a bit more hydration to my eye area and I think the Clarins Eye Contour Balm is doing a good job of that. I adore the fact this is pretty much unscented and it isn't irritating on even my worst of days. I've only been using this for about a month or two, so I can't really say anything about it's effects on my fine lines, but the hydration definitely helps with that.

For some reason I now have two moisturizers in my routine. Do I need both? Honestly, no, but I really wanted to try out the Caudalie Vinosource Moisturi Sorbet and the set at Sephora came with a free sample of the Caudalie Cleansing Water, like I mentioned. So I threw caution to the wind and bought another moisturizer. I like using the Caudalie moisturizer in the mornings because it's lighter and absorbs a bit more quickly than the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream which I use at night. Both of them have interesting smells, the Caudalie is very typical fresh not exactly grape scent while the FAB Ultra Repair Cream is a bit herbaceous. Neither are super strong and they don't bother me at least. Moisturizing is the most important step for me and moisturizers that are unscented or don't have a strong scent are perfect for my dry & sensitive skin.

What's your skincare routine like? Do you have any products that you absolutely love?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)