new in: Chloe, MAC, etc.

8:00 AM

bespectacled, new in, beauty, Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint 003 Pop of Peach, Pixi Fairy Light Solo no1 French Lace, Chloe Roses de Chloe Eau de Toilette, Neutrogena Hand Cream, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream

Who else spent way too much money this weekend? As I write this an order from Zara is supposed to come any day now and while part of me is scolding myself for using so much of my first paycheck, I'm still rather pleased about most of these purchases!

Let's start off with some of the random things in this photo, like the Neutrogena Hand Cream - it's a really thick moisturizing gel that's super moisturizing but I wouldn't recommend for day use unless you have the time to let your hands absorb the formula. Next is the Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in 003 Peach Flush - this isn't new to me, I quite enjoy the shade 001 Pop of Pink. But I wanted a more coral colored blush and since I quite like the formula of this product I purchased another one! And another random purchase is the pixi Fairy Light Solo in French Lace. This is a single eyeshadow and so far so good. The texture is excellent and gives a subtle brightening effect to my eyelids. I'm awful at describing colors, but I think it's a shimmery (no sparkles) light taupe color.

The item I'm the most excited about is the Chloe Roses de Chloe Eau de Toilette (1oz). I'm so happy to have my hands on this - when the 15% coupon to Sephora came in the mail I knew it was a sign to go out and buy this and I'm ecstatic! I know cost-wise it probably would've been better to get the 1.7oz version for only $20 more, but as someone who doesn't wear perfume regularly I think this size works for me. And look at how freaking adorable this is! The bow is so cute!

As I mentioned in my second Sunday Summary post, I also picked up the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream, partly because I ran out of the FAB Ultra Repair Facial Moisturizer, but also partly because my skin has been super dry lately. I quite like this - it's thicker and smells more herbal than the facial moisturizer, but so far it feels more moisturizing.

bespectacled, new in, beauty, MAC See Sheer Lipstick, NYX Butter Gloss Peach Cobbler, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 20 Sand, New York Color Automatic Eyeliner Pencil 835 Brazen Blue, NYX Studio Liquid Liner 101 Extreme Blue & 103 Extreme Coffee, NYX HD Eyeshadow Base

I did an exchange of the MAC Russian Red lipstick - I thought that the OCC Lip Tar in NSFW was too much of a close match in color and finish so I couldn't justify having both. So instead, I picked up the MAC See Sheer Lipstick - which is a lovely everyday coral. I guess I'm in a bit of a coral fix because I also purchased the NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler. Not a fan of glosses, but everyone seems to rave about the butter gloss line from NYX and I decided to give it a go. I like it, but it isn't something I would normally reach for.

And lastly I have some eye related makeup products. First, I picked up a new shade of the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer - 20 Sand. I normally get the next shade down, 25 Medium, but I wanted to see if this is any more brightening. For me the shade is too light and not quite as brightening as my current fave, the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, but I still think it's a good concealer.

I'm on a bit of a colored eyeliner fix and picked up some more NYX, this time their NYX Studio Liquid Liner in 103 Extreme Coffee and 101 Extreme Blue. I quite like this formula - they come out opaque and super vibrant. Extreme coffee is a shimmery bronze color and extreme blue is a true blue color. And lastly, the NYX HD Eyeshadow Base. I'm not an eyeshadow wearer on most days, but I wanted to try out how my concealer would fare with an eyeshadow primer as a base - the idea coming from a youtube favorite of mine Wayne Goss. So far so good, but we'll see!

What have you purchased recently? How have you been liking it so far? Any recommendations for colored eyeliners or light coverage foundations without SPF?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. The Chloe perfume is one of my favourite scents I love it <3
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. AYYY you finally got Chloe after lusting for it in the past three posts!
    I tend not to buy coloured eyeliners since I'll just sharpen up pencil eyeshadows and that seems to work well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops, I hadn't realised that I've been talking about it so much.
      I hate sharpening eyeliner pencil - I don't know why I avoid pencil eyeliners for that reason, but I do. I guess that's why liquid eyeliners appeal to me?

      x

      Delete
    2. Nah, I like it! Shows how obsessed people really are with a product. Sometimes products are worth obsessing over!

      I get sad when I sharpen pencils, because part of the product goes along with it (the top bits). I can't use liquid liner to save my life

      Delete
    3. I agree, some products are worth obsessing over!

      I know, I hate losing that tiny bit of product when you sharpen pencils. Liquid liner takes a lot of practice I feel, there were so many times I've gone out with uneven liner and whatnot, but I'd like to think I've gotten a bit better! I'm still awful with eye flicks though.

      x

      Delete
  3. Lovely haul! Those Rimmel blushes are yet to land in Australia - but they seem intriguing! Aww baby roses is so cute! Also you should maybe try Bourjois foundations? They have good light-medium coverage and no SPF :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's too bad, I quite like the Rimmel blushes! They only recently launched in the US so maybe soon?
      Bourjois isn't ready available in the US, except for Urban Outfitters, but I'll definitely check it out. Thanks for the recommendation!

      x

      Delete
  4. Oooh love the sound of the Chloe fragrance!
    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore this perfume! If you can get a sample, I highly recommend it!

      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)