disappointing products #2

Monday, April 14, 2014

bespectacled, beauty, skincare, disappointing products, Tarte True Love Cheek Stain, flower beauty Win Some, Rogue Some Creme Blush Peach Blossom, Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm Demure, Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser

When it comes to buying beauty and skincare products, especially higher-end ones, it's all about doing your research and buying your item someplace that has a good return policy. Unfortunately, some products just don't work for some people and here I wanted to share some more products that just didn't work for me. Of course, this is just my personal experience with these products, you may or may not like them yourself!

First off is the Tarte Cheek Stain* in True Love. The packaging of this is a bit strange - you push it up quite easily but to push it down you have to press with your fingers. And then the formulation of this leaves a lot to be desired - it blends easily and looks quite nice once applied. For the first few minutes or so. Personally I didn't find this blush long lasting and the texture never seemed to dry down on my skin. Another disappointing blush is the flower beauty Win Some, Rogue Some Creme Blush in Peach Blossom. This is something I like in theory, but just didn't work out in the real world. This is another blush that gives a really lovely look on the cheeks, but just does not last long enough for me to really like this. I just cannot stand blushes that don't last!

The Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in Demure isn't really a disappointment like the other products in this list are. I simply looked at swatches of this shade on girls with different colorings to them and thought that it'd look flattering on me. But nope, I can't make this work on me. It makes my lips look lighter and strange and I just don't like it. If you're looking at swatches online make sure that you look at the person's coloring as a factor as well - some shades just look more flattering on some tones. And this one doesn't look good by itself on mine.

And lastly, I have some skincare products that I just didn't like. I was super excited to receive the Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil* in the mail. I thought adding an oil to my skincare routine would be a nice way of adding more moisture to my face. Maybe I was using it wrong somehow or maybe not long enough to see any effect but the biggest thing was that I noticed no difference in my skin's hydration. At all. If anything my skin was drier than usual, but I chalk that up to other factors and not this oil. But still, I don't want to add an extra step to my skincare routine that doesn't work at all for me. The Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cleanser is another product that didn't work at all for me. It was actually pretty drying for my skin and the texture is strangely thick. I don't know if I can still return this, but I definitely wont be continuing my use of it.

Have you tried any products that you just didn't get on with?

*Won in a giveaway

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I really like the look of that balm stain too, but i'm scared it won't suit me x

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's one thing to like it on others it's a different thing to like it on yourself. I looked great on other people. Me? Not so much.

      x

      Delete
  2. -cackles in the distance because finally someone else who doesn't like the Tarte stains-
    I've found that slapping a powder blush over it will work wonders. Sure you may look like a clown for a bit, but as the blush starts to fade, it ain't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you have to put another blush on top to make it look even a little decent then it's probably not a good product. I'm so disappointed! Especially since people made such a huge fuss when they cut the product amount in half - I was expecting something miraculous. What a let down!

      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)