I've mostly gotten over that (except now this impulse shopping has jumped to makeup, but I'd like to think I'm getting better about it) and have made a point to plan out what I'm going to buy and try to figure out what would work in my wardrobe and my lifestyle now. I use a combination of Evernote, Pinterest, and my notebook to keep track of clothes on my wishlist and I always go back and edit. It's a bit difficult, especially since I also sew my own clothes from time to time, adding to the planning. But here is a list of a few of the items that are at the top of my wishlist.
1. Everlane Basics The basic premise of Everlane is to sell high quality wardrobe basics without marking up prices. I'm hoping to purchase their French Terry Sweater, $40 & their Box Shirt, $55 - both of which I could picture myself wearing all the time!
2. Need Supply Eye-Spy Top This is a striped t-shirt with eyes embroidered on the front. I just adore how this looks - it's a basic with a slight edge and again it's something I could picture wearing all the time and would be a cute addition to my
3. Mules I love the look of these - they would be a great alternative to strappy shoes that I see everywhere. I'm not a fan of strappy shoes, they tend to make me look shorter. Not the most attractive shoe to some, but I really like them! I want a pair that has a bit of lower heel and isn't super expensive. This Leather Wide Heel Mule is from Zara, $99.90
4. Flared Skirt I put this on my wishlist as a reminder to finish sewing the skirt I have in mind! Basically it's an eight panel gored skirt in black crape. I have to take some of the seams in the side to fit a bit better but otherwise I need to add the facing & finish the hem and I'm done! This is Zara's Technical Skirt, $49.90. Or if you plan on DIY-ing something yourself you can check out A Pair & A Spare's DIY Neoprene Mini for a tutorial.
5. Medium Wash Denim Jeans Can you believe I only own two pairs of jeans? I own a skinny black pair & a pair of light washed boyfriend jeans. Lately I've been less interested in wearing the many skirts I have and opting for one of these pair and it's about time that I get another. This pair is H&M's Skinny Regular Jeans, $39.99
I'm trying to use this method in dealing with major makeup & skincare purchases as well! But it's always so hard when something new pops in the drugstore or you read a lot of things from bloggers. Anyway, do you plan any of your purchases out (makeup, skincare, fashion)? What's on your wishlist at the moment?