unsung heroes

5:49 PM

bespectacled, beauty, Rimmel Just Let it Go Gentle Eye Makeup Remover(, Qtips, Tarte Maracuja Lip Exfoliant, Sally Hansen Invisible Lip Liner, e.l.f. lip exfloiator

I think there are some things in people's beauty regimen that just don't get enough recognition! For me they happen to be these five objects. First, is the Sally Hansen Invisible Lip Liner, and like it's name implies it's a lip liner that has no tint to it. I hate the idea of getting a lip liner for all the different colors of lipsticks that you own - it's just not economical. So an invisible one is perfect for someone who enjoys all colors of lipstick. This is great at preventing feathering or bleeding outside of your lip line and it's very affordable. Urban Decay has a similar product, the 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil in Ozone, $20, and recently Milani released their Anti-Feathering Lip Liner, $4.49, (also clear) if you're interested.

Along the same lines of keeping my lipstick looking good are my next pick, lip exfoliants - I love to wear lipsticks but hate the look of dry and chapped lips under that. Recently, I've been using the Tarte Maracuja Lip Exfoliant* (0.7oz), which is a minty lip scrub with fine sugar crystals. It's a perfectly good & functional lip exfloiant but I wouldn't pay the $16 to buy it when LUSH lip scrubs cost $10 for 0.9oz, & there's this e.l.f. Lip Scrub available for $3.

I still consider myself a makeup beginner so I do end up making mistakes, especially when it comes to super precise things like eyeliner or even sometimes lipstick. But there's nothing a cotton bud and some eye makeup remover can't correct when you're trying to do a precise line on your upper lash line and you don't have the dexterity to do so. I'm about out of the Rimmel Just Let it Go Gentle Eye Make Up Remover but do plan on repurchasing soon. I like that it's a non-oil makeup remover, which is perfect for fixing mistakes in your makeup. Incidentally, I don't actually like this to remove all of my eye makeup at night because it is drying on my skin. I would love to hear what your non-oil eye makeup remover recommendations are!

So those are the products that just make putting on makeup a bit easier for me. What are the 'unsung heroes' of your beauty routine?

*won in a Tarte giveaway

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. It is! It's so useful especially since I Ilike to change up the colors I like to wear.

      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)