review: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

10:05 PM

bespectacled, beauty, review, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Ginger bespectacled, beauty, review, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Ginger
Sorry that this is a bit late, but better late than never, right? So, I went into Sephora the other day planning on purchasing only one thing: the Clarins Eye Contour Balm but ended up with more. The NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer had been on my wishlist for quite some time and the NARS counter was near the check out lane and I wandered while waiting to pay for my things so, oops?

Anyway, I'm sure many people have heard of this but, the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer is a matte lightweight creamy concealer with a doe foot applicator. The coverage is medium but buildable. This isn't a perfect concealer and it isn't my "holy grail" but I do actually like this quite a lot. For me the good outweigh the bad so I like it and plan on using it quite a bit. I picked up the shade "ginger" and it is perfect at brightening the darkness under my eyes. I've never had a concealer for my under eyes this brightening. I usually have to use some kind of corrector - the pixi Correction Concentrate - but with this I can skip that step completely. This concealer is extremely long lasting - I can put this on early in the morning and make it through an entire work day with minimal fading.

So despite all those good things, why isn't this my "holy grail" concealer? The biggest issue that I find is that the formula is extremely matte - which makes the formula super long lasting - but it's also super drying. If I don't put some kind of moisturizer on this (preferably some kind of eye cream) it looks patchy, creased, and just awful. I've tried putting this on top of bare skin, a moisturizer, the Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer, and my eye cream and the best results came from the moisturizer and eye cream (after you give them a bit of time to set otherwise the concealer just slides off) so it is a bit tricky to work with just because of that. My skin is less dry on some days so I have to adjust accordingly. This means if you have lines under eyes they may be more prominent with this.

bespectacled, reviews, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Ginger, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer 25 Medium, review
I've heard that the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer is supposed to be a good dupe for this if you're on a budget. I've talked about the Maybelline concealer before in a post about concealers and I really like it - it's my favorite drugstore concealer. And I get why some people compare the two - they're lightweight, creamy concealers with similar packaging and applicator. Both I honestly find them quite different from each other.

The Maybelline concealer is not as matte, and fades quite a lot throughout the day. If I'm out for the a whole work day I'd have to touch up the concealer at about noon. It doesn't crease much, however it isn't very brightening, at least the shade 25 medium isn't. If I wear this, I have to wear a corrector of some kind (I use the pixi Correction Concentrate). The concealers in ways are opposite of one another - the NARS concealer is long lasting & brightening, but is drier. The Maybelline one isn't quite as long lasting and brightening, but is more creamy. For me, I need a good brightening concealer because I have awful dark circles and am willing to put in a big more effort at working with this formula.

bespectacled, beauty, review, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Ginger
So, bottom line: Would I repurchase this?
YES! The good outweighs the bad for me: it's lightweight, brightening, and long-lasting. The formula is a bit tricky to work with if you have dry skin, but can be worked with ad look properly when moisturized. I imagine if you have a more normal or even oily skin it can be great. I can't help but try out new products so, the next concealer on my wishlist is the Lancome EFFACERNES Waterproof Underye Concealer!

You can purchase the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (0.22oz) on the NARS website, for $29. The Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (0.23 fl oz) can be purchased on Drugstore.com for $4.99.

Have you tried this concealer? What did you think of it?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Lovely review! I can definitely see the NARS being longer lasting. Is it suitable on blemishes - if it is drying it would probably cake/accentuate the dryness that usually accompanies pimples eh? I'm sure if you got a lighter shade of the Fit me concealer you could use it as a brightener. I think for now I'll be good with the Fit me concealer :)

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I don't get blemishes too often but I'd imagine it would accentuate them more - because it is more matte any skin texture issues are more noticeable under it I think (I have fine lines under my eyes), but don't take my word for it.
      I think the undertones for the Maybelline Fit Me Concealers don't quite lend to brightening on me, plus I have fairly noticeable dark circles so I need all the brightening I can get.
      I think the Fit Me Concealer is perfectly good concealer but I do like the NARS one quite a bit!

      x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It is quite a lovely concealer!

      x

      Delete
  3. Hello lovely, just came across your blog and it's awesome, you look gorgeous here!

    I'm your newest follower and I look forward to your next post! :)

    http://electricsunrise.blogspot.co.uk/

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. There are so many good products by them, when you get the chance you should definitely try!

      x

      Delete
  5. photography is so good, love it! and the review is real cool, might purchase this for my mum actually xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And that sounds good.

      x

      Delete
  6. HA, if only these two concealers had a lovechild, it would be perfect for you, eh? :D
    I'm actually really enjoying this concealer; I think its the best I own so far...because I haven't tried a lot ;-;
    I generally use this on blemishes/hyperpigmentation, and set the whole thing with my Tarte powder foundation, so less creasing for me!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I mean the NARS concealer is still the longest wearing concealer I own so I still use it but it doesn't look amazing, I'm hoping that a good eyecream will help.
      Maybe I should try a setting powder too, but I don't like carrying around loose powders in my makeup bag -- too much of a mess.

      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)