25 March 2014

red lips

bespectacled, beauty, lipstick, Revlon Lip Butter Candy Apple, OCC Lip Tar NSFW, Clinique Chubby Stick 05 Chunky Cherry, MAC Russian Red, flower beauty lip suede velvet lip chubby, Tarte LipSurgence Power Pifment True Love, bespectacled, beauty, lipstick, Revlon Lip Butter Candy Apple, OCC Lip Tar NSFW, Clinique Chubby Stick 05 Chunky Cherry, MAC Russian Red, flower beauty lip suede velvet lip chubby, Tarte LipSurgence Power Pifment True Love,

I didn't think that red lipsticks would suit me - I was fine with my corals, pinks, and plums. But red seemed too bold of a statement for me. On a whim I picked up the Revlon Candy Apple Lip Butter after seeing a fellow blogger rock it, and the rest was history.

I adore these products for different reasons. The Clinique Chubby Stick in 05 Chunky Cherry along with the Revlon are good picks to dip your toe into the world of red lipsticks - they're sheer and comfortable to wear with an okay lasting power. For more pigment, the flower beauty Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby in Red-dy to Bloom and the Tarte LipSurgence Power Pigment in True Love* are a nice step up from sheer to a bit more pigmented. The flower lip chubby, while matte, is still comfortable to wear and has good lasting power, while the Tarte pick is more glossy.

And finally are my picks that aren't the most comfortable to wear but have excellent lasting power and are more of a classic red. The MAC Russian Red lipstick is actually my first ever MAC purchase, and I've fallen in love. This has a matte finish to it but it isn't too drying for me at least. In comparison the OCC Lip Tar in NSFW is much more drying and prone to bleeding (although I'd recommend a lip liner to both of these picks). The colors are very similar, but if you're on the lookout for something that will last all day, I recommend the OCC Lip Tars.

Do you like to wear red lipstick? What's your favorite red lippy? And wow how many times did I end up saying red, lipstick, or lippy?

*won in a giveaway

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

10 comments :

  1. Pretty picks! I'm not a major fan of sheer reds on myself, they make my lips look, swollen and weird. If I'm going red, I'm going all out!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad, I've come to recently love my sheer reds. But I still enjoy rocking a full out red lippy too!

      x

      Delete
  2. I have the MAC russian red and it is one of the most gorgeous reds ever! Lovely post hun xx

    - PinkPot | A Tarte Blush Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very lovely color! I love red!

      Delete
  3. Red lippy is my favourite and these are great picks! I need them all in my life!
    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to think that reds didn't suit me and now it's my go-to lip color!

      x

      Delete
  4. Red is definitely a classic, and I love your picks xx

    http://mehshake.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And red is definitely classic!

      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)