non-beauty favorites #1

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

bespectacled, non-beauty favorites bespectacled, non-beauty favorites

My monthly favorites posts have a tendency to revolve around beauty as of late, which wasn't really my intention. I wanted them to be a good mix of beauty/skincare/fashion pieces, but I feel like my posts are pretty wordy already and including all these different items would probably get boring quickly. So I've decided to separate my fashion & miscellaneous favorites from my beauty & skincare ones into a separate category, which I hope to post twice a month. So, enough of this introduction, and let's get started on my first non-beauty favorites posts.

1. Succulents These feature heavily in my photos as background objects, the one in the yellow pot more frequently because my cats have gnawed on the one in the red quite a bit. I don't know what kind of succulents they are exactly. But they're always on my desk as my props and I wanted to give them their own little feature.

2. My Phone & Welcome To Night Vale Podcast I own the HTC One in red and I absolutely love it. The picture quality is great and I've always preferred Android phones. On it I listen to the podcast, Welcome to Night Vale. It's a bit difficult to describe Welcome to Nigh Vale without sounding crazy - it's sci-fi, a bit dark, and always hilarious. Highly recommended!

bespectacled, non-beauty favorites bespectacled, non-beauty favorites bespectacled, non-beauty favorites bespectacled, non-beauty favorites

3. The Fabric of the Cosmos by Brian Greene This novel covers various topics in physics, from space, time, relativity, etcetera, in an easy to read manner with various examples. I learn something new and mind-blowing every page and I love it. Some of the concepts are really difficult to grasp, but I suppose that's the nature of physics, right?. You can purchase this on Amazon for $12.87 in paperback.

4. My notebook & pens I'm a sucker for nice notebooks & pens with skinny points. I have tiny handwriting and pens with fine points are always appreciated. I got the pens from a little boutique in my Korean grocery store, and the notebook is by greenworks, which I bought at Target.

5. Apricot Hearts* & Cherry Sweethearts* from Sugarfina - these two were my favorites from the Sweetheart Bento Box. I'm half tempted to purchase the 14.45oz box of the cherry sweethearts.

*Won in a giveaway

6. Deemo This is a piano-based rhythm game available for free on Android, and on iOS for $1.99. It's a bit challenging, but very fun to play and is really addictive!

What are your favorite non-beauty items at the moment?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. Love those little mini cactuse!! Super cute!!

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You can never go wrong with sweets.

      x

      Delete
  3. Thanks for your super sweet comment honey! Love the little succulents and the sweets as I'm a sucker for everything sweet! Great idea for an off-topic post!

    http://kiwi-who.de.vu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! :) I adore succulents - they're really easy to take care of. And sweets are always a good idea.

      x

      Delete
  4. "WELCOME....TO NIGHT VALE" -CUE JAZZY MUSIC-
    Oh my god I haven't listened to Night Vale in a while, since I deleted Stitcher off my phone due to low space. This post has reminded me how much I love Night Vale and the crazy happenings around town!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely listen to it again! I use Podbay, which is only around 3mb, but it does crash a lot. I adore Welcome to Night Vale!

      x

      Delete
  5. That Apricot and Cherry sweethearts look so adorable and bet they taste delicious!

    CATHY // helllo, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really cute, I think they'd make an excellent gift! They're made with real fruit as well and are really good.

      x

      Delete
  6. I love his simplistic and minimal your blog design and photos are! Very nice quality!
    Another thing that I love, succulents!! I want to fill my bookshelf with them!
    The Beauty Break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much!
      I love plants of all kinds but I'm a notorious plant killer so I stick with succulents!

      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)