05 March 2014

new in: H&M, Tarte, random

bespectacled, personal style, H&M wide cut top, denim top, new in bespectacled, personal style, new in, H&M wide cut top, denim top

I've been doing a bit of shopping, so I thought I'd share what I got and some of my initial impressions of the items! The first is this striped, cropped, boxy top from H&M which you can find here. Do I need another striped top? No. But stripes are always in style. I would recommend following the care instructions though - I threw mine in the dryer and it shrunk. Luckily I purchased it in a size big, but always read care instructions! Second, is this H&M denim top (I can't find a link for it online, sorry!). I have another denim top from H&M but it's a bit too tight on me and so it's difficult to wear sometimes. This I purchased in size 10 and I just adore this so much! I personally love the look of denim with black, which most of my closet happens to be, so I've been having no issue matching this with other wardrobe pieces.

bespectacled, new in, beauty, misc, Tide to Go Pen, New York Color Long Wearing Nail Enamel 141 Red Velvet Rope, Cadbury Mini Eggs, Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm 125 Flirtatious, NYX Glam Liner Aqua Luxe GLA07 Glam Nude
Cadbury Mini Eggs! I've actually never tried these before now and honestly the chocolate inside isn't that great, but they are strangely addicting. I've also picked up this Tide To Go Pen because I spill things on myself quite a lot and I have a few tops that have been stained to the point where I can't really wear them out. So hopefully having this in my bag will help keep stains from setting in.

The next three are beauty picks since my self-appointed "makeup ban" has officially been lifted. I picked up this New York Color Long Wearing Nail Enamel in 141 Red Velvet Rope - which is more orange leaning than red, which is why I bought this. Unfortunately the formula isn't that great, it dries quickly but I woke up with lines and stuff on my nails so I wouldn't recommend. But it was a dollar so I'm not mad that this wasn't great. Next I picked up the Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in 125 Flirtatious. Love the color on me, but I'm not sure I adore the formula. The glitter is much more annoying than I thought it'd be.

Next is the NYX Aqua Luxe Glam Liner in Glam Nude. I was on Amazon looking for a new BB Cream from Korea and saw this Etude House Tear Drop Liner #4 Sun Light and really wanted it for some reason. So I searched Target for something similar and found something similar I think. It's very glittery and a bit hard to maneuver under my eyes because of my bottom lashes, but I've been liking the effect. I'll try and include all my new makeup in a face of the day post later on.

bespectacled, new in, beauty, misc, Peeps, Cadbury Mini Eggs, Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer medium, Maybelline Vivid Lipstick 885 Vibrant Mandarin
More Cadbury Mini Eggs, the first photo was from the other day, I haven't just been hoarding Mini Eggs. And Peeps of course. I adore Peeps but I can never find them outside of Easter holidays, which is a bit disappointing, so I'm trying to get my fix now, as awful as that sounds. Orange lipsticks are on trend for spring/summer and I'm planning on trying out more orange-tinted lip products from the drugstore so I picked up the Maybelline Vivid Lipstick in 885 Vibrant Mandarin - I like the formula, it's creamy and applies well and the color is more red than orange if you're a bit hesitant about trying a full on orange lip. Last is the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in medium. It looks very yellow-toned, so I wasn't quite sure if it would look alright on me, but so far so good!

bespectacled, new in, beauty, tarte cosmetics, pure maracuja oil, marcuja lip exfoliant, true love cheek stain, lipsurgance power pigment
And lastly, I'm super excited to say that I won the Sweet & Tarte hosted by Tarte and Sugarfina! My sister called me up and told me that a package for me came and I've just been so ecstatic since then! I won one of Sugarfina's Bento Boxes & a collection of Tarte goodies: Pure Maracuja Oil, the Maracuja Lip Exfoliant, the True Love Cheek Stain & the True Love LipSurgance Power Pigment

What have you been buying lately? Anything that you would recommend? Also, I'd like to know if I should mark that I won these in a giveaway? I know it's just good policy to mark things that you didn't buy yourself, but I'm not sure if I should do so here. Please if you have any insight let me know!

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

8 comments :

  1. Congrats on winning Tarte!! :D Tell me how the cheek stains work for you, because I'm not really a fan of mine.
    (Also, I am proof that you can never have too many striped tops I feel so ~chic~ with them on)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Once I've tried everything I'll probably end up writing something about them, that's too bad that the cheek stains didn't work out for you.

      Striped shirts are so very chic, I always feel cool in them. :)

      x

      Delete
  2. love the selections you have purchased xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They are strangely addictive!

      x

      Delete
  4. Nice buys! Would have to check H&M for that denim top. :)

    Marie
    candidlymarie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, the top is quite lovely! I think denim goes well with everything.

      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)