march 2014 favorites

9:00 AM

bespectacled, beauty, monthly favorites, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Ginger, Clinique Chubby Stick 05 Chunky Cherry, Clarins Eye Contour Balm, Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner 005 Nude, e.l.f. small stippling brush, Milani Baked Blush 11 Bella Rosa, Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish 377 Chic Chick, Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm 125 Flirtatious

March has been a pretty busy month for me and I'm glad to be going to the new month! (Only three more months until Comic Con - anyone else going?) This month's favorites are rather exciting for me because I've finally got my hands on some coveted items and I'm quite pleased that I liked them!

Let's start off with blush: the Milani Baked Blush in 11 Bella Rosa is a new shade in Milani's baked blush line and is completely matte. It is so extremely pigmented that the e.l.f. Small Stippling Brush is my preferred tool for application. I just tap it into the blush and stipple away. For nails, I've been trying out a new line (for me at least) in the Rimmel Salon Pro Nail Polish, mine is in the shade Chic Chick (which is so difficult to say!) I've been on a nude nail kind of mood lately, and this shade is a warm nude pink, which has been pretty flattering. The brush on these nail polishes are nice and wide for even application and so far I do enjoy the formula. Come summer I think I'll end up trying some of the more bold shades as well.

I don't like using the Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeliner in 005 Nude as a waterliner - I just cannot stand lining my waterline, it's super irritating and just not fun for me - but I think this works quite lovely as an inner eye highlight. And with the early mornings that I've been pulling, I need all the help I can to make my eyes look brighter. I've done a full review of the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer, if you'd like to read it, so I won't go on too much about it here, other than I love it.

When it came to lip products I stuck to mostly two this month: the Revlon Colorburst Lacquer Balm in 125 Flirtatious and the Clinique Chubby Stick in 05 Chunky Cherry. My bolder pick, the Lacquer Balm, has been quite easy to put on and wear and I adore the color. When I want a color that's perfec for everyday, sheers are the way to go. And I adore sheer reds!

And tentatively I'm adding the Clarins Eye Contour Balm to my list of favorites. I like to give skincare products a lot of time before I develop an opinion about them (unless they're awful outright), but in the time I've been using this it's been really hydrating and I think has made a difference in appearance when I put concealer on.

Lastly, I'm mentioning somehting that isn't pictured here because I only have a sample of it. Lately, I've been adoring the Chloe Roses de Chloe Eau de Toilette. Describing things that are subjective is a really difficult task for me, but the impression I get from this is a fresh florals. I've been umm-ing and ah-ing over whether to purchase this because 1oz is $70, but I hope to pick it up one day soon (anyone else looking forward to using their 15% beauty insider coupon from Sephora?)

Phew! Another long list of products, hopefully that wasn't too much to read, I always say I'm going to limit what products I mention but I always end up writing about everything that I liked. Anyway, what things have you been liking this March?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Ooh I have been trying to get my hands on that ELF stipple brush, but it's always out of stock xx

    Gemma | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad, it's a pretty good brush!

      x

      Delete
  2. Aaah, you're going to comic con? Well, consider me JEALOUS!! Seriously I want to go so badly but hardly any conventions come to Brisbane. Which one are you going to? Lurvely products though! I really need to check out those Rimmel polishes because I've heard some amazing things!

    Tasha // shiwashiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to San Diego Comic Con!
      I think the Rimmel polishes are pretty great, I love the brush they have in them.

      x

      Delete
  3. Though I'm usually not that much into beauty - I can't help but love your blog!
    I nominated you for a liebster-award! Would love if you'd join!
    xoxo

    http://kiwi-who.de.vu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll check it out!

      x

      Delete
  4. UHM, SUPER JEALOUS THAT YOU'RE GOING TO COMIC CON. ;-;
    Also, I can relate to so many things in this post. Started using my stippling brush to apply my powder blushes AND I AM HONESTLY BLOWN AWAY. LIKE....APPLICATION IS PERFECTION AND I WILL NOW BE A STIPPLING BRUSH PREACHER.
    I also hate hate hate lining my waterline. I have legit trauma when I see 'tutorials' where people line their waterline idk idk.

    I've actually used my Sephora 15% towards new blushes (surprise) and a new foundation. c:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woke up super early to apply for the volunteer process and it was so stressful - I was freaking out the entire way through wondering if I could do it this year. But I was super lucky!
      I can't line my waterline for shit - people who regularly do it must have some special thing to them because I just can NOT do it, it's so irritating.

      I want a new blush too! I mean the 15% off thing is here until Thursday so...

      x

      Delete
    2. GURL THE STRESS IS DEFINTELY WORTH ITTTTTT :D

      RIGHT??? Its literally too close for comfort to my eye. And I have tiny eyes to begin with, so definitely don't want to 'close' them up further.
      WELP, IF YOU WANT MORE BLUSHES, BETTER ACT QUICK. But I'm guessing you won't, since that haul you pulled recently is one ~hella~ haul ;)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)