feburary 2014 favorites

Monday, March 03, 2014

bespectacled, monthly favorites, beauty, skincare, La Roche-Posat Lipikar Baume AP, Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint 001 Pop of Pink, Forever 21 rings, CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm 230 Berry Twist, Korres Mango Butter Lipstick 45 Coral, flower beauty Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby Red-dy to Bloom

The end of February always catches me off guard because of how short it is - you'd think after 20+ years of being alive I'd get used to it, huh? Anyway, this month's favorites are a bit boring (and a bit late), but here they are. First is a new skincare item that I got specifically for my eczema, the La Roche-Posay Lipikar Baume AP, which I purchased off of Amazon. When I did receive it I was a bit put-off by the packaging because it doesn't look like other photos of this product when you Google it, but whatever this is has been excellent at moisturizing my skin, all the while being fragrance free and extremely gentle. I've even used this on dry patches on my face and it's like it disappears overnight! I'm planning a full review later on.

As for makeup, it's been all about blush & lipstick for me. While I still adore the flower beauty Lip & Cheek Chubby, which featured January Favorites, I have also been enjoying the Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint 001 Pop of Pink - which is a cream blush that gives a natural flush of color that lasts fairly well on my skin. A definite must-try, especially since they retail around $3. And as always, I have some lipstick favorites, being: flower beauty Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby, in Red-dy to Bloom, which featured in my last FOTD, the CoverGirl Lipperfection Jumbo Gloss Balm in 230 Berry Twist, & the Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in 45 Coral.

And lastly is a Ring Set from Forever 21: it's a set of very dainty gold regular & midi rings, which are no longer available on their site. When it comes to accessories and jewelry, I much prefer a more minimal look: a watch & maybe a ring or two, so these have been perfect.

So did the end of February catch you by surprise too? What were you favorites for the month of February?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Hmm the korres lipstick in mango sounds super delicious. Looks like its just the thing for me!!

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore the Korres Mango Butter Lipstick, it's super hydrating and wears nicely. I think the color is perfect for spring/summer.

      x

      Delete
  2. That rimmel blush sounds really interesting.. in a good way! (: xx

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a cool little product - it actually has a cooling effect when you put it on!

      x

      Delete
  3. I know right, February is so short! You picked some great products, I really want to try La Roche-Posay one!

    xo Mélane
    Selfhelp | Inspiration | Motivation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think La Roche-Posay is a great skincare brand, I'm always hearing good things about them so I was happy to get this.

      x

      Delete
  4. I like the sound of the Korres mango butter lipstick had no idea they do lipsticks, i like the rings too xx

    ~ VISUALCANDY INC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, it's like their normal Lip Butters in those pots but much more handy!

      x

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)