conceal

9:43 AM

bespectacled, beauty, review, Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Concealer, Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-one Beauty Balm Concealer, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, pixi Correction Concentrate, Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer

From left to right: Pixi Correction Concentrate, Physcian's Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Concealer, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer


I was tempted to quote Frozen in the title, but I decided against last minute. But, in the vein of some other bloggers, I wanted to share some of the concealers that I use regularly. I have awful, hereditary dark circles that are difficult to cover up at times especially since they're prone to dryness as well. Luckily, concealer exists.

The pixi Correction Concentrate isn't really a concealer, but a dark circle corrector that comes in one shade brightening peach. I forgot how much I like this - it's actually pretty lightweight feeling and does a really good job at correcting darkness. I only wonder how good it would be for someone with a deeper skin tone than me. Next is the Physician's Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Concealer, in medium/deep. Very lightweight with sheer but build-able coverage. I like this mostly because it's SPF 30, although, this is the darkest shade they have of this concealer. I've had the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in 25 Medium for a long time and have repurchased this several times in the past. This is my tried-and-true concealer - it's lightweight, with light to medium coverage, and just works for me. I like pairing this concealer with the pixi Brightening Concentrate.

The newest concealer in the bunch is this Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer, also in medium. I think I would like it more if the color wasn't so strange - it isn't very brightening, but I think that's mostly because I bought the one that was "medium" rather than one that suited me better. I feel like this is very similar to the Fit Me Concealer, but has a very slight shimmer to it. I think the color match will be a bit better during the summer when I'm a bit more tan. And, lastly, is the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Concealer, mine is in the shade medium 26 (original tan). It's the highest coverage of the bunch, lasts all day and is a pretty good match on me. My only issue is that it's not the most lightweight of concealers. It's thick so I can feel it all day and it isn't the best for those with fine lines in that area.

Because I just can't get enough of concealers I have three on my wishlist as well: the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer and the Lancome Effacernes Waterproof Undereye Concealer & the Origins Plantscription Concealer. What are some of your favorite concealers and what is on your concealer wishlist?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Haha, it's actually crazy to me how many different concealers you use - but still, I admire everyone who is able to use them properly. All I can do is cover up some red spots on my face..
    xoxo

    http://kiwi-who.de.vu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually only use the Physician's Formula and pixi one on a regular basis, I just have others I've tried out with me. It's difficult for me because I have really dark circles so most concealers don't cover everything.

      x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The medium one is too dark for me to use, but I've read so many good things about this concealer in general.

      x

      Delete
  3. OH DEAR LORD I RECENTLY READ A BLOG POST WITH THAT TITLE REFERENCE AND I DIED> here
    Maybelline tried and true eh? I've been meaning to pick it up since everyone as of late seems to be raving about that concealer. It'll make for a great comparison to the NARS concealer I have, since I recently snatched that up.
    I've wanted to try Kat von D for the longest while, since I've got a lot to cover up, but heavy feel? no thx ._.

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, someone had to do it!
      I just picked up the NARS Concealer in Ginger, and honestly the formulas are very similar. I think the Nars one is a better color match for my under eye circles and it,s also more matte.
      Well, it's heavy under the eyes, but it does have really good coverage.

      x

      Delete
    2. SEE, YOU SHOULD BE THE ONE DOING THE COMPARISON POST INSTEAD :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)