04 March 2014

boring

bespectacled, what i wore, wiw, outfit of the day, ootd, Forever 21 Skort, H&M double pocket blouse, Need Supply pointed d'orsay flats, Forever 21 rings, Korres Mango Lip Butter 45 Coral bespectacled, what i wore, wiw, outfit of the day, ootd, Forever 21 Skort, H&M double pocket blouse, Need Supply pointed d'orsay flats, Forever 21 rings, Korres Mango Lip Butter 45 Coral

I've been having some serious "I have nothing to wear moments" lately, and have been a bit bored with my wardrobe. I'm doing a bit of wardrobe planning going on, but it's such a slow process of figuring out what I need versus what I actually want, finding the best quality for my budget, amongst other factors. I just want my ideal wardrobe now! One step in the right direction towards my "ideal wardrobe" is this skort from Forever 21 which I purchased recently. When I wear skirts I usually have a pair of biker shorts underneath for some added security, and this skort has reminded me to buy more shorts!

Anyway, a bit of a boring outfit today, but like I said, I'm in the middle of wardrobe planning and hopefully I'll be acquiring some new items soon. What kind of shopper are you? Do you plan out what clothes you need or do you pick out clothes that catch your eyes when you shop?

Wearing:
H&M Button-up Blouse (old)
Forever 21 Pleated Skort
Need Supply Nude Bardot Flats (old)
Korres Mango Butter Lipstick, 45 Coral

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

6 comments :

  1. You got the skort! =D It looks great on you, too! The few pleats make it structured but still feminine.

    Yeah, I totally know what you mean. If I could afford it, I'd like to overhaul my closet all at once, but unfortunately, I'm not a contestant on "What Not To Wear" (they used to get $5,000 for their makeovers!). So I try to limit my clothes purchases to one-day, two-day, or seasonal sales, and I try to only buy new clothes when I consistently feel self-conscious in my current clothes (like, clothes wear thin and don't make me feel as good in them). If I'm comfortable with most of what I wear, I can go for at least a year without buying anything new.

    I guess comfort and confidence are the two things I use to gauge whether or not I want or need a particular clothes item.

    How do you figure it out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm still figuring out what to wear with it because it is a bit more high waisted than I'd like, but I'm happy I got it.

      Man, if I had $5000 to overhaul my closet....

      One could argue that technically I don't need anything new to my closet, but I get bored of my clothes sometimes, that I feel like I need to add something new to inject that needed life back into them. Usually, I can sew something and feel fine about the state of my closet then, but when I'm trying to figure out if I really need something I make wish lists, and just revise the hell out of them. I go back to them when I'm in different moods to figure out if I really want something or if it's just a phase. Pinterest is great for this - I'm always pinning new things to my wishlist and then going back and figuring out if things would work for me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I've had this for years now.

      Delete
  3. Hi dear, great post and you have a wonderful blog, I hope we can follow each other, if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN please let me know so I can follow you back. xoxo

    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)