20 February 2014

review: Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover

bespectacled, review, neutrogena naturals fresh cleansing + makeup remover bespectacled, review, neutrogena naturals fresh cleansing + makeup remover

When my favorite Korres Milk Proteins Foaming Cream Cleanser went bad, I found myself in the market for a new cleanser. Despite my thoughts on drugstore & high-end skincare, I opted for a cleanser, where the ingredients don't linger on your face for very long, from the drugstore. I tried the clear version of this cleanser from Neutrogena Naturals years ago without issue, and decided that since I was wearing more makeup than I did then, the Neutrogena Naturals fresh cleansing + makeup remover was better for me. And I've been using this for quite a while now, so I figured that a review was due.

I don't wear heavy-duty makeup: just some sheer foundation and blush and sometimes cream eyeshadow, so I can only speak about my experiences with this product and with the makeup I use. I find that it doesn't completely remove waterproof mascara unless you scrub a bit, which I do not recommend. But for everything else I have absolutely no issues and feel like I am removing my makeup 100%. In the beginning I did have issues with this stripping my skin and leaving it feeling dry and tight, but as I've continued to use this, this no longer happened. Of course, I only use this once a day at night so you may have differing opinions on how stripping this product is based on how often you use this & your skin type. One thing I have to say that I do not like about this product is the scent. The scent isn't unpleasant BUT it tends to linger your skin even after you've dried your face & applied moisturizer, which is really weird and unwanted. So if you have sensitive skin or a sensitive nose this might be a reason to skip this.

As for the whole "naturals" part of it, this is more likely a personal thing and will be different from person to person. For me, I like naturally sourced ingredients in my skincare - but I'm not completely averse to products that are not. So I'm quite happy that there's a "natural" option in the drugstore that gives fairly good results.

Bottom Line: Would I Repurchase?
Yes. Despite the fact that I do not like the scent of this product, this is legitimately a good makeup remover/cleanser. I suggest using something else for your waterproof mascara as I find it doesn't remove it completely (I wake up with black smudges under my eyes when I use this alone), but works for the rest of my makeup with no issue. Is it the end-all-be-all cleanser for me? No, but I think it's still a pretty good cleanser for some people.

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

2 comments :

  1. It's good that this cleanser is working out for you! I tried it, and the dryness I got after it was so uncomfortable that I stopped using it and just stuck to the clear version, which dries my skin out less. You're right about it not being enough to take off waterproof mascara - I remember needing an oil-based makeup remover for my eyes after using that particular Neutrogena cleanser.

    I like that you warned people about the fragrance. Some people's skin and noses can handle fragrance in face products, some can't.

    Good job on your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, it is drying, but my skin has been more normal than anything lately so I haven't really noticed it making my skin feel tight any more.

    And I don't really read too many reviews talking about a product's fragrances. I have a sensitive nose so I always end up noticing it...

    But thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)