06 February 2014

new in: Korres, Revlon, Almay, etc.

new in, bespectacled, beauty haul, Korres Mango Butter Lipstick, Flower Beauty Velvet Lip Chubby red-dy to bloom, Almay One Coat Thickening waterproof mascara, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain Romantic, Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint 001 pop of pink, tokyomilk dark femme fatale collection crushed no.32 new in, bespectacled, fragrance samples, beauty haul, Sephora

Oops? I said that I was placing myself on a beauty spending ban for this month, and that didn't quite turn out so great. In my defense, it was only one item, the Korres Mango Lip Butter in 45 Coral, the rest I picked up before my ban but also before I posted it here. But my ban still holds true otherwise! (I hope).

Anyway, last weekend I ventured to a new place to buy fabric and I'm in love! I managed to find some great fabrics that I'm currently working on at the moment, one of which happened to be some gingham for a top. I've been seeing gingham prints popping around lately so I kind of wanted to try out the trend myself - and it cost about $6 for a yard.

As for beauty bits, I've been having bad luck with finding a good mascara and the others I bought and tried felt weird on my eyelashes. I finally found one that I actually like and enjoy in the Almay One Coat Thickening Waterproof Mascara, which was fairly inexpensive at around $5. It doesn't make my lashes feel weird and I do really like the effect that it gives. I also picked this new product, the Rimmel Stay Blushed Liquid Cheek Tint in 001 Pop of Pink. I would say this is liquid, it's more of a cream product but it's so easy to use and it lasts long even on my cheeks. I really enjoy this product. And of course, I always pick up new lip products. The first is just a regular old, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic and the second is the flower beauty Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby in Red-dy to Bloom. I actually really like this product - it's comfortable to wear and doesn't dry my lips out. I guess this is flower beauty's response to these matte lip chubbies coming out, but I do really enjoy it.

And finally I stopped at Sephora to pick up a sample of some perfume. I am really intrigued by Tokyomilk and so I picked up a sample of the Tokyomilk Dark Femme Fatale Edition no.32 Crushed, which is very different from other perfumes I've tried out -- it's very earthy and musky intially, but I haven't worn it out quite yet. While in Sephora I noticed they had a sale on all of these Korres makeup items, so I decided to just pick one up. I enjoy the Korres Lip Butters quite a lot, but the packaging is a bit unsanitary - I hate dipping my fingers into jars and putting the product on my face, you know? But the Korres Mango Butter Lipstick comes in your regular ol' lipstick bullet format but is still pretty moisturizing and lovely. And they were having a promotion on their perfumes so I got a bunch of these perfume sample cards as well.

Phew! So what are some new products in your life?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)