03 February 2014

January 2014 Favorites

bespectacled, January 2014 beauty favorites, monthly, L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder, Physician's Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Concealer, essie nail polishes, imported bubbly, master plan, flower beauty kiss me twice lip & cheek chubby can't re-fuchsia, rimmel lasting finish by kate moss lipstick in 107

First off, I'd like to apologize for this being so late! I didn't have my camera available to me the entire weekend so I couldn't shoot any photos then. Anyway, my favorites for this month involved all new things actually, which usually isn't the case. I blame it on the large amount of beauty spending that I've been doing.

Starting with nails, I finally figured out why so many people enjoy essie nail polishes. I have a bad habit of scratching my skin, so nail polishes chip on me rather easily, maybe about a few hours after application. But these nail polishes that I picked up from essie are fantastic and have lasted me TWO DAYS without chipping -- which sounds bad, but if you don't scratch with your nails this would probably last longer. I picked up the essie All in One 3-Way Glaze as a top coat/base coat thing as well as two colors: Master Plan and Imported Bubbly. Absolutely love.

As far as actual make up goes, I've been enjoying a new foundation in the L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder (I'm in the shade 322 sand beige, FYI), which is a super blendable liquid to powder foundation that doesn't cling to dry patches and gives me the coverage I want (light). I've been pairing it was a new concealer which is the Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Concealer, in medium/deep, henceforth called the PF BB Concealer because that is a mouthful! I have two main reasons why I enjoy it so much: 1) it has broad spectrum SPF 30 in it, THIRTY! and 2) because the consistency is thinner than other concealers I've tried it doesn't crease much on me, which is fantastic. Plus I managed to get it for about $8 because of an offer, which is fantastic of course.

I've also been adoring the flower Kiss Me Twice Lip & Cheek Chubby, which is a cream to powder blush/lip product which lasts so long on me. The blushes that I own don't tend to last on my skin for more than an hour, so anything that lasts more than that is welcome in my books. But this product lasts all day for me, and the color, Can't Re-Fuchsia, is very springtime-appropriate. I'm planning on doing a full review of this so please look forward to that. And I always include some type of lip favorite and this month it's the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss Lipstick in 107, a semi-matte lipstick that's a dark plummy-red shade, which is super easy to wear and doesn't dry my lips out. I plan on showing this off as well as a few of my new base products in a face of the day, so I'll link to that when it's available.

Phew! So what was on your favorites for this month?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)