fotd #006

Thursday, February 13, 2014

face of the day, fotd, bespectacled, beauty, L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder, Physician's Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Concealer, Almay One Coat Thickening Waterproof Mascara, e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner, flower beauty lip suede velvet lip chubby red-dy to bloom face of the day, fotd, bespectacled, beauty, L'Oreal Magic Nude Liquid Powder, Physician's Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Concealer, Almay One Coat Thickening Waterproof Mascara, e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner, flower beauty lip suede velvet lip chubby red-dy to bloom

This was the makeup I wore in my previous what I wore post, and has been my everyday makeup routine for a week or two now, plus or minus a few products. Of course I start off with moisturizer and sunscreen, which you can read about in my updated skincare routine post, if you'd like to know exactly what I've been using.

My base of choice lately has been the L'Oreal Magic nude Liquid Powder, which is sheerer than the BB cream & tinted moisturizer I've used in the past, but gives just enough coverage to cover any minor problems (like the pores on my nose) and evens out skin tone - I absolutely adore this. No look is complete for me without some under eye concealing and my go-to product has been the Physician's Formula Super BB All-in-1 Bueaty Balm Concealer in medium/deep. I'm seeing a trend here, because this product is also sheerer and thinner than my previous concealer, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer, but I think that this consistency makes it so that it doesn't crease as much. The coverage is sheer, but can be built up to light/medium coverage.

As for eyes, I've gone back to the e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner because it's darker than the Jordana Faubliner, and I found the felt tip on the Fabuliner to be a tiny bit irritating. My mascara is new and I've finally found something that I like in the Almay One Coat Thickening Waterproof Mascara. I'm a bit picky about my mascaras: they need to be volumising but not lengthening, they have to be waterproof but not too dry a formula, and they shouldn't make my lashes feel heavy or clumpy. I think this adds really good definition to my lashes without any problems and is comfortable to wear.

And to finish the look I've worn the flower beauty Lip Suede Velvet Lip Chubby in Red-dy to Bloom. I've been into red lips lately (perfect for Valentines, huh?), whether it's sheered out or opaque like this. I quite like this product - it's matte without being drying, it applies easy and is opaque in one layer. I actually think it's comparable to the Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms, but without the mint, and I think it's the tiniest bit less drying as well.

So that's the look! What has been your go-to makeup lately?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)