biking

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

bespectacled, what i wore today, outfit of the day, personal style, fashion, ootd, wiwt, H&M cropped sweater, self-made fluted hem skirt, Dolce Vita Giya Flats, thrifted blazer, Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Sultry, essie Master Plan Nail Polish bespectacled, what i wore today, outfit of the day, personal style, fashion, ootd, wiwt, H&M cropped sweater, self-made fluted hem skirt, Dolce Vita Giya Flats, thrifted blazer, Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Sultry, essie Master Plan Nail Polish bespectacled, what i wore today, outfit of the day, personal style, fashion, ootd, wiwt, H&M cropped sweater, self-made fluted hem skirt, Dolce Vita Giya Flats, thrifted blazer, Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm Sultry, essie Master Plan Nail Polish

When I'm traveling around my neighborhood I bike - and with me being me with my limited wardrobe, I usually end up biking in skirts of sometimes questionable lengths. I mean, I do wear biker shorts underneath so it's not like I would flash someone, but there's something a bit troublesome about it. Hopefully, with the addition of this skort from Forever 21 coming in on Thursday (I hope), things will be a bit better when I do go biking.

Why not pants, you say? Simple reason: eczema. My skin isn't at it's best right now and with me sweating in skinnies, it's probably going to irritate it more. Stockings are pretty breathable, so I never have any issue with them.

I also wanted to show off this new coat/blazer that I thrifted last month. Surprisingly I don't have a San Diegan winter-appropriate piece of black outerwear. And with my recent obsession with windowpane/grid patterns lately, this was a perfect addition! Although, the shoulders are a tiny bit big and I've been putting off doing some tailoring...

By the way, that's my dog Max in the last photo! Anyway, what have you been wearing lately?

Wearing: thrifted men's blazer
H&M light gray cropped sweatshirt
self-made fluted hem skirt
Dolce Vita 'Giya' Flat
Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm in Sultry

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Skorts are so much fun! I remember using a few when I was a kid; they made me feel girly but comfortable. I could run around and not have to worry about embarrassing wardrobe malfunctions. I've seen skorts at Macy's for women, but I didn't know Forever 21 made skorts for younger women, too. The skorts in the link look nice. I'm guessing you're going to get yours in black? (I'd get mine in black.)

    It's nice to hear that stockings don't irritate your legs. I would hate it my stockings did that to me, because I have so many pairs. Any time I wear a skirt or shorts, I am 90% likely to wear stockings. I just love the pop of color and/or streamlined silhouette I get from them.

    The blazer looks nice and warm, but it doesn't look like it has buttons, which could make fighting off the San Diego chill a little harder (for me, at least). Does it have buttons or are the buttons just too dark to see?

    All in all, I like your biking outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get it in black, red is definitely too ostentatious for me. I totally agree about stockings streamlining a silhouette - it definitely makes me appear taller at least.

    The blazer does have a single button, but it's also lined and is actually pretty warm if I wear something long sleeved underneath. I haven't bought a new jacket/blazer in years - I always thrift them.

    And thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)