updated skincare routine

1:30 PM

bespectacled, skincare routine, Burt's Bees Brightening Refining Tonic, Yes to Cucumbers Calming Night Cream, L'Oreal 48HR Ideal Moisture Day Lotion for sensitive skin, Rimmel Just Let It Go Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, Neutrogena Naturals fresh cleansing + makeup remover, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Facial Moisturizer, Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask, Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask

The last time I did a skincare routine post was all the way back in July 2013, so I thought I'd share the products that I've been using, since they're almost completely different than the ones I used about 6 months ago. I honestly don't have a super fancy routine filled with serums and oils and treatments -- I have normal/dry skin and so far these products have worked fairly well for me. I'm hoping to include either a facial oil (Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Facial Oil, 0.5 fl oz $18.50) or a hydrating serum (John Masters Organics Green Tea & Rose Hydrating Face Serum, 1fl oz $26) just to help boost moisture levels to my skin, and I would like to try a different cleanser after I finish my current one, but otherwise this works well for me!

Day bespectacled, skincare routine, Burt's Bees Brightening Refining Tonic, Yes to Cucumbers Calming Night Cream, L'Oreal 48HR Ideal Moisture Day Lotion for sensitive skin
In the mornings I don't use a cleanser, as strange as that might be for some people. I find that if I use a cleanser in the mornings, my skin tends to dry out a bit. So instead I've been incorporating the Burt's Bee's Brightening Refining Tonic to cleanse my face in the mornings. So far I've been liking it, but I want to wait a bit longer til I form more of an opinion and before I write up a full review. For moisturizing, I use the Yes to Cucumbers Calming Night Cream, which I wrote a full review on here. And I always wear sunblock, regardless of season, even under BB creams/tinted moisturizers that have sunscreen in them. I don't really believe in buying a special sunblock for my skin and the L'Oreal 48HR Ideal Moisture Day Lotion for sensitive skin is broad spectrum SPF 25 and works for me.

Night bespectacled, skincare routine, Rimmel Just Let It Go Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, Neutrogena Naturals fresh cleansing + makeup remover, Burt's Bee's Brightening Refining Tonic, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Facial Moisturizer
Are makeup removers classified as "skincare" products? I decided to include the Rimmel Just Let It Go Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, which I use to remove my eye makeup whenever I wear waterproof mascara/lots of eyeliner. While it doesn't irritate the skin around my eyes, it is a tad drying. Since I'm running out, I'm slowly trying to integrate the Kracie Naive Natural Deep Cleansing Oil into my routine as a makeup remover, which I featured a few posts ago. I'll report back on how I feel about that later.

My regular cleanser at the moment is the Neutrogena Natural fresh cleansing + makeup remover, which I wouldn't recommend if you're especially sensitive to fragrances and this lingers even after you've washed your face and put your moisturizer on, which is so annoying. It is a tiny bit drying, but removes any lingering makeup. I don't plan on repurchasing however, but will be doing a review at some point. I follow up with the Burt's Bees Brightening Refining Tonic to double check all my makeup is off and moisturize with the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer, which is excellent if you're in need of a lightweight but hydrating moisturizer. I'm planning a review of this as well, so I'll keep you guys updated. I've been using it for three months without issue and I think it's a great product.

The Occasional Mask bespectacled, skincare routine, Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask, Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
Lastly, are two masks that I use on occasion. I use the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask on and around my nose to kind of de-congest the area and diminish visible pores. Honestly I haven't used it often, but it's there in my skincare routine. I wouldn't recommend to slather it on your entire face if you don't need to as it is a bit drying.

In contrast, I use the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask once or twice a week as a nighttime moisturizer, and use it as "spot treatment" on dry patches on my cheeks. And I've done a full review of it over here, if you'd like to read my thoughts on this product. Highly recommended if you're not bothered by strong fragrances, but I think once I finish it I might try out the FAB Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask since it doesn't contain any fragrance.

That's my skincare routine! What type of skin do you have and what products have you been loving for it? For me, it's the FAB Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer.

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)