new in: essie, Burt's Bees, Flower Beauty, etc.

Thursday, January 09, 2014

new in, bespectacled, skincare, kracie naive deep cleansing oil, burt's bees brightening refining tonic with daisy extract new in, bespectacled, beauty, sally hansen invisible lip liner, essie nail polish, rimmel lasting finish by kate moss, flower beauty kiss me twice lip & cheek chubby, maybelline instant age rewind dark circle eraser,  scandaleyes waterproof eyeliner

essie all in one 3-way glaze, essie nail polish in master plan, Flower Beauty Kiss Me Twice Lip & Cheek Chubby in Can't Re-Fuchsia, Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner in nude, Sally Hansen Invisible Lip Liner, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Eraser, Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss lipstick in 107

I thought I'd share a few things that I've purchased in the last couple of weeks. The first group is two skincare products, the first being the Kracie Naive Deep Cleansing Oil. I've only used it once or twice because most of the time I don't wear a full face of makeup, but I remember it being slightly drying? I'll try this out a bit more to have a more thorough review. The second product is the Burt's Bees Brightening Refining Tonic. Most toners on the market are pretty useless for the skin, containing mostly alcohol, it's a step in skincare that most people should avoid. This toner doesn't have alcohol as it's second ingredient, thankfully, and I got it mostly to double check that all of my makeup is off/my skin is clean. I can't really say much about it's brightening abilities since I've only been using it for a week now, but I have no issues with it drying out my skin or it being irritating. I can't really recommend it quite yet, but I'll do a proper review after I've gotten more time to try out it out.

I decided to treat myself in nail polish and try a different brand than I'm used to from the drugstore. I'm a bit picky when it comes to nail polish because I'd rather not have a polish that has awful things it and according to most sources, essie is 3-free (DBP, toluene, formaldehyde-free), and is a pretty good nail polish brand as whole. I decided to go with one of the safer colors: Master Plan, which is your basic light grey; and the top coat/base coat/nail strengthener product, the All In One 3-way Glaze because I don't like to buy separate top coats and base coats. Call me cheap, but I just love multi purpose products. I love both products so far actually. The All in One polish is excellent as a base coat and top coat, but it does take a long time to dry as a top coat, so if you're looking for a top coat that you can slather on and go, this isn't it.

Otherwise my other purchases are a bit random. I picked up the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in medium because I am running out of my current concealer and I had heard some really good things about this product from some youtubers. But alas, this isn't anything special I feel, and any "anti-aging" properties it would have would be minimal because I believe the beneficial ingredients are below things like preservatives. But the most interesting thing I picked up would be the Flower Beauty Kiss Me Twice Lip & Cheek Chubby. I was toying with the idea of getting the Stila Convertible Color, but I found this in Walmart today and so far I'm liking it, and I believe it's a new product? The finish is very matte and the product is very pigmented. My only problem with cream typed blushes are that the lasting power leaves much to be desired. So I'm testing this out, but so far so good. I've included a swatch on my face below!

beauty, bespectacled, flower beauty drew berrymore kiss me twice lip & cheek chubby can't re-fuchsia, swatch

Swatch on human face of Flower Beauty Kiss Me Twice Lip & Cheek Chubby in Can't Re-Fuchsia, sheered out on cheeks and lips, much brighter in person!

What have you been buying lately? And have you spotted some new products in your local drugstore?

email | bloglovin | pinterest | tumblr | instagram

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hello!

    It's good to know there are drugstore toners that don't have alcohol as their main ingredient. I look forward to your review of the Burt's Bees toner, if you're writing one. Are you writing one? The last sentence of that paragraph was cut off, so I don't know.

    Does the Can't Re-Fuchsia give you a fuschia flush, then, if it's brighter in real life? It's hard to tell if it's a bright, warm pink or a bright reddish purple.

    I've been trying out concealer and cream blush recently, too! I tried the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Spot Treatment (the smaller one with the white packaging) in medium, but I think it was too peachy for me so I returned it. I have my eye on L'Oreal's Super Blendable Crayon Concealer; once my shade is finally in stock at CVS, I'll snatch it up and hope it works for me.

    Maybelline's got some new cream blush sticks out called Master Glaze Blush Sticks. I got mine in Pinched Pink, and I'm still trying it out so I'm not sure if I'll keep it yet. I hope your cream blush has the lasting power you're looking for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, I really need to edit my posts a bit better! I fixed that before I posted this comment but, yes, I'm planning on doing a review on it maybe after a month or two? It's always hard to do full reviews with skincare products unless they're godawful.

      Yes the Can't Re-Fuchsia is much brighter in person. In the stick it does look a bit cool toned, but at least on me it's much warmer, I think.

      I watch to find a nice cream blush because I think they'd be better for my skin, I tend to get dry patches on my cheeks and powders tend to cling on them, which is not a good look. I've heard pretty good things about the L'Oreal Crayon Concealer so I think that's a good choice. I'm debating whether or not to jump the gun and go for the NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer -- I've heard good things about it for both dark circles (and spots, actually), but it's $28 and that's so expensive for 0.22 oz. But they have different undertones to their concealers, so maybe that's another route if you're interested? I wish drugstores had testers available! I mean, do stores just chuck out all of their returned makeup? It's always a guessing game; luckily "medium" is usually somewhere on the right one, huh?

      I've seen those new Maybelline products and have heard some pretty good things about them so hopefully the Maybelline Blush Stick will do you well.

      Thanks for reading! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment here! I try to read and reply every comment posted, and appreciate your thoughts. :)